Sign in to follow this  
Brianl

Guimbal Cabri G2 Cyclic Trim

I have this model by MP Design Studio and can't get the trim to work. I'm using P3D and the G2 works well (I fly the real thing privately but do all my prep & post in P3D to save money). Has anyone else looked into this?

Cheers,

Brian

Does this heli have a trim possibility at all?

Edit: Yes, it obviously has, but it looks as if it were not modelled here. You may have to contact MP Design Studio.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix

Just to let you know, I've been in touch with MP Design Studio and they say that the cyclic trim on their G2 helicopter model is not functional, it's just "cosmetic".

I've come across a key assignment in P3D that is supposed to control Elevator/Aileron Trim (POV) on my joystick. I use the joystick as my helicopter's cyclic so I assigned Elevator/Aileron Trim (POV) to the joystick's hatswitch which would give me exactly what I want. Trouble is, it does not work as expected and has absolutely no effect on the attitude of the helicopter during flight. Any ideas anyone?

As an aside, you heli simmers might be interested in something else I learned from MP Design Studio. I've had trouble making their Sony Experian tablet display charts. The reason is that the image resolution they say should be used (1080x1920) is wrong. It should be 1080x720.

Please get back if anyone knows what to do about the G2 cyclic trim issue.

All the best,

Brian

If the cyclic trim isn’t modeled, assigning and using aircraft elevator/rudder trim will not work. I don’t know of any p3d/fsx helicopter model that has trim except for the milviz b407 (never got force trim button to work on my setup). 

HTR has an afcs mode that models afcs for larger turbine helicopters to allow easy touch on the cyclic, which operates like an autotrim. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS