Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSUIPC Landing Rate

So I found this thread 

and I still cannot get FSUIPC to show me my landing rate. 

I even added this

[LuaFiles]
1=ipcReady

Do my FSUIPC.ini file

I don't get it

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I tried the script. It worked for me without any changes to my FSUIPC5.ini.

Check to see if the line and add as necessary to the FSUIPC5.ini: DebugLua=Yes 

With the debug enabled, the FSUIPC5.log will contain entries related to the script.

With all this, if you don't see any log entries, double-check the script file name and contents. If you have windows configured to hide known file extension you'll end up with a 'real' file name like: ipcReady.lua.txt

I use the paid version of FSUIPC5. I don't know if this is a requirement to run lua scripts.

Oh, and test it out on a basic aircraft. 

Edited by RichieFly
more

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

You need the paid version of FSUIPC to run Lua scripts. As RichieFly says, auto-run lua files must be called 'ipcReady.lua'.

If the lua file has another name, you can add an '[Auto]' section to your ini file, i.e.

[Auto]
1=Lua myLuaFile

Note that the '[LuaFiles]' section is populated automatically and should not be modified - it contains the lua files found in your 'Modules' directory for assignment purposes.

John

Edited by John Dowson

17 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So I found this thread 
I even added this

[LuaFiles]

1=ipcReady
Do my FSUIPC.ini file
I don't get it

Another option would be to just download the LRM Client... https://lrmclient.org/

It's free, easy to install and use, and works very well.

18 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Hi Ron - just tried this by doing an exact copy/paste as suggested (nothing else added) and it works. Just a quick suggestion - is your lua file saved as ipcReady.lua and NOT ipcReady.lua.txt?

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro

Yes sir 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi,

I got this working by enabling the Message Text in Options/General/ Information under the miscellaneous text:

Alan Finch

Windows 11, Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHz, RAM 32GB 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, SunDevil56 said:

Another option would be to just download the LRM Client... https://lrmclient.org/

It's free, easy to install and use, and works very well.

the link is dead

Ron Hamilton

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

the link is dead

Indeed it is Ron, I have no idea what happened there, it worked fine when I used it earlier in the week.

At any rate, i've switched over to the "Lord of the Landing" tool that cargostorm posted above.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=182928

I have found it to be a much more powerful and useful tool than the LRM client.