Sign in to follow this  
Chocorua

Moving the GTN with no bezel (resolved)

Update:

I've been looking at this limitation and the next update will help better when using a nobezel instance filling an entire popup window:

• The window edges will allow resizing (current version prevents this).
  • When using a border.size, the border area will support left click to drag the gauge window, right click for FltSim popup menu.
  • When not using a border.size, the window edges allow right-clicking for the FltSim popup menu (but no dragging possible, just resizing)

Thank you all for your feedback, I'm glad we're adding these features to our product!

PS: IIRC setting a popup window background color other than black (i.e. 0,0,0) will permit dragging/right click (otherwise mouse actions go through the 'transparent' area). I think while waiting for the next update you may try enlarging the popup window slightly, reducing the GTN gauge within the window inversely, and make available an area which you can interact with.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for your responsiveness RXP, looking forward to the update.

I will also try the resizing, but the setting background to 8,8,8 did not seem to work in and of itself.

7 hours ago, m9aviation said:

but the setting background to 8,8,8

This requires leaving an area in the popup window where the gauge won't display and where the window will display the background color instead. Otherwise maybe this would work only if there is a bitmap background and not just a not-black color. Besides can you try 16,16,16 instead?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have downloaded the latest version of Reality-XP software for GTN 750. I am using FSX Steam. With the new software I can resize the non bezelled GTN window but cannot drag it into the realflightsimgear display. You refer to using a “border.size”. Can you walk me through how to do this.

18 hours ago, ZYX said:

I have downloaded the latest version of Reality-XP software for GTN 750. I am using FSX Steam. With the new software I can resize the non bezelled GTN window but cannot drag it into the realflightsimgear display. You refer to using a “border.size”. Can you walk me through how to do this.

You have to "undock" the pop out gauge.  If you look at the top of this forum you will find Videos that I have done that show how to do this...the best way I have found....For me I first come out of "full Screen" mode ALT+Enter....Then I am able to highlight the pop out and from the menu bar I chose to undock it...Then move that window down to the RSG screen -- then you can drag the sides if you don't have a maximize button....once set you press ALT + ENTER again to enter full screen mode and now you have it undocked.

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

On 2/5/2019 at 9:54 PM, Fleahead said:

When I was trying to setup the GTN 750 for positioning in my RealSImGear GTN 750 bezel, I ran into the same issue. By experimentation, I found that by left clicking on the bezeless 750, then going up to View,  then clicking Undock Window in the dropdown, I could freely move the 750 where ever I wanted to. It must remain undocked or it zooms right back to its frozen position. Once I was able to position the 750 into the RealSImGear bezel, you need to maximize the 750 window, then go into Full Screen mode. That removes the window header and fixes the 750 in place, it must remain undocked.

Thanks for this!