WAL187

Help, I can't hear Ernie in the Manfred Jahn C-47

Hello all,

I'm really enjoying this aircraft, but have yet to figure out how to make the co-pilot feature work. I have the interphone on and am in a cold and dark state. When I hit Shift F7 I see the Checklists window pop up that should activate Ernie. I turn on Copilot Help and Captain Voice, but when I "click here to start" I don't hear anything.

Anyone run across this problem yet? I'm not finding much on any forum/support site.

Does it have something to do with my plane not loading cold and dark? I can't figure out how to do this also.

I'm running p3d v4 with the Douglas_C-47_V3_12_Beta.zip download

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For P3D version 4 you will need a 64 bit sound gauge. In the download, if it's the correct one, there should be  things in the panel folder to set it up for 64 bit.  I'm not sure the link and download you have allows for P3D version 4 64 bit.

I'll look for another link.

Looks like you're a version behind - you'll want to install 3.14.

Once you've done that, you'll want to install Doug Dawson's 64-bit sound gauge - that'll give you all the sounds (including Ernie and Nancy) in P3D 4.4.

Go here, then click the link in the top post for a complete package including both 3.14 and the sound gauge, with instructions about how to install it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Charlie - we cross-posted, but I hope this saves you some effort.  

• Like 1

I was just searching around.  I have version 3.1406 and it also has all of the goodies for 64 bit use in the panel folder.

c47 panel.JPG

Thanks so much. I only just stumbled upon this a few days ago. I'll install and see if that helps 🙂

Ok. I'm making progress. I have the new plane downloaded (V3.1406), but still no Ernie. I think I'm missing a step in activating the 64 bit sound pack. It appears that I have the folders and files listed above, but perhaps there is something I need to do in the panel to make sure the sim is using the correct sound pack?

In the panel folder, delete panel.cfg and rename panel.cfg64bit to panel.cfg

• Like 1

Looks like that was the missing step. Thanks Izamm!