Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Prepar3d V4 shuts down

I wonder if anyone can check the below report and let me know what is wrong and why prepar3d V4 is shutting down halfway my flight . I appreciate any info 

Cheers 

Amr Guindy

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.4.16.27077
Application Timestamp:    5bfdbb35
Fault Module Name:    nvwgf2umx.dll
Fault Module Version:    23.21.13.8813
Fault Module Timestamp:    59f352d6
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000096395c
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    f7a7
Additional Information 2:    f7a76ac9567e8ac6d4bf22c9b098dc5a
Additional Information 3:    6b69
Additional Information 4:    6b6929c1f25527e6d564d8249accf7e7

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    1618430364

I believe its a video card driver issue according to the nvwgf2umx.dll fault

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

Have you been using one of those video card tweakers like the one from MSI?  If so, bring it back to the defaults.  I got the error a couple of times this week but it was while running Microsoft Windows Photo.  I don't use any tweaks to my video card but it is still a possibility.  It could also be something in your p3d.cfg.  Try renaming the p3d.cfg to p3d.off and restart P3D and see if that fixes the issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks a lot for the responses , no I did not tweak anything on my video card I do not even know how to make that. I will rename the config file and see if that will solve the issue 

Many Thanks for all your help 

Amr Guindy

There are two files say config which one I should rename please advise so I do not rename a correct one 

one says : preppar3d.exe ConFig File 

Views dll config files 

There are the only two files has the word config next to them 

Thank you 

Amr guindy 

Whenever you have a crash, P3D will automatically create a P3D config text file (P3D.txt).  Back in the old days of FSX (which P3D is based on), Microsoft was wanting to automatically create files after a crash so they could be forwarded to them and they could see your configurations.  Click the one that shows the extension cfg.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yesterday I flew for almost 2 hours using the maximum textures and during night so I have lights all over the city did not shut down and was very smooth flying . 

Inwill keep monitoring for any new development 

thanks a lot for all the help 

amr Guindy

Ok so I got shut down again and I think I know what is the reason but because of my IT knowledge which is minimal someone can help me. Once I pull my Saitek Yolk to fly for take off this happens a blue screen , memory dumping and shut down. I am not sure why but in my PC I always have 2 hard drives installed the second one has only x-plane 11 running and non of this happens when I pull or push the Saitek Yolk . Can someone with IT knowledge give me some idea what is going on and how to correct that 

Many Thanks 

amr guindy

BSOD's are BSOD's.  No need for an IT tech.  BSOD's mean a hardware failure or a driver for the hardware is not properly installed, corrupted, or missing.  As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, you need to provide us with the BugCheckCode.  The BlueScreenView program will also show the driver (in pink) if there is a problem with a driver.  It pretty much tells you everything you need to know.  The guide also provides information on updating your hardware drivers.

Submit News to AVSIM