Recommended Posts

Hi

I have been using Voxatc for a while now with P3D v4.3 and my PMDG 737-800, no problems at all. But all of a sudden, without any aircrafts around me I get a call from the ATC to change my heading, usually to 180° opposite heading that my route is due to traffic alert on the same flight level. But still, there is no traffic there and it keeps telling me to turn to a new heading. A few times I follow the instruction and that gives me about 40 minut delay and nothing realistic with this task. It hapens in every single flight now!!

If I do ignore the instructions it keeps telling me to change my heading but after a while it says "clear of conflict continue direct ...".

But why does this come up in every single flight all of a sudden, and without any aircraft in the way of my flight route?

Anyone having a solution for this problem?

/Seb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 hours ago, spil said:

Hi

I have been using Voxatc for a while now with P3D v4.3 and my PMDG 737-800, no problems at all. But all of a sudden, without any aircrafts around me I get a call from the ATC to change my heading, usually to 180° opposite heading that my route is due to traffic alert on the same flight level. But still, there is no traffic there and it keeps telling me to turn to a new heading. A few times I follow the instruction and that gives me about 40 minut delay and nothing realistic with this task. It hapens in every single flight now!!

If I do ignore the instructions it keeps telling me to change my heading but after a while it says "clear of conflict continue direct ...".

But why does this come up in every single flight all of a sudden, and without any aircraft in the way of my flight route?

Anyone having a solution for this problem?

/Seb

Yes, in VoxAtc Settings (the little program where you choose your callsign/first officer available and so...), untick the Enroute Traffic Instructions option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ATC instruction is an attempt to add some enroute realism but unfortunately it occurs in a context unrelated to any nearby AI aircraft. And as DrumsArt pointed out, it is easy to stop with the option in the Settings utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies.
Tried it and it worked but oh lord how sad that AI traffic was gone.
Will try to disable and enable the VOXATC if it happens again to see if that helps.

There must be an update for this problem soon I hope. AI traffic should always be in the simulator.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The setting should have no effect on AI traffic. But one ever knows with VOXATC. I leave enroute instructions on and just ignore the occasional enroute traffic alert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spil said:

Thank you for your replies.
Tried it and it worked but oh lord how sad that AI traffic was gone.
Will try to disable and enable the VOXATC if it happens again to see if that helps.

There must be an update for this problem soon I hope. AI traffic should always be in the simulator.
 

The setting definitely has no impact on the AI.

As Jay said, this setting is only there to simulate a rerouting/diversion, it is random, unrealistic and has nothing to do with any event related or not to AI aircraft or bad weather.

Believe me, I have been using Vox for many years with this option disabled and I still have the AIs generated by Vox! Fortunately!

EDIT: just in case, you just need to disable/untick the "Enroute Traffic Instructions" option, not the Traffic Density %...

Edited by DrumsArt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

The setting definitely has no impact on the AI.

As Jay said, this setting is only there to simulate a rerouting/diversion, it is random, unrealistic and has nothing to do with any event related or not to AI aircraft or bad weather.

Believe me, I have been using Vox for many years with this option disabled and I still have the AIs generated by Vox! Fortunately!

EDIT: just in case, you just need to disable/untick the "Enroute Traffic Instructions" option, not the Traffic Density %...

Well I disabled the Enroute traffic instruction and all of a sudden there was no communication from ATC to other aircrafts, just my aircraft. There were no aircraft in air so that was a bit strange. So far I have just had the time to fly one route that lasted 1,5 hour, and simply no other traffic was around at all.

What traffic density do you use?
I am using about 70% in VOXATC setting. And that together with Global Traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spil said:

Well I disabled the Enroute traffic instruction and all of a sudden there was no communication from ATC to other aircrafts, just my aircraft. There were no aircraft in air so that was a bit strange. So far I have just had the time to fly one route that lasted 1,5 hour, and simply no other traffic was around at all.

What traffic density do you use?
I am using about 70% in VOXATC setting. And that together with Global Traffic.

I use traffic density=40% in VoxAtc with MyTraffic6/ORBX AI traffic. Traffic in P3Dv4.4 or FSX=0

I have no idea why you have not traffic when you untick the Enroute Traffic...Normally this option should have no impact on traffic.

Edited by DrumsArt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Found out what the problem was yesterday. In P3D on Options -> Graphics -> Traffic, I had to set AI traffic to about 45% and in VOXATC leave it on 75% as I had, then all airplanes showed up on the apron and in the air.

But when I only had 75% traffic in VOXATC and 0% in P3D no traffic at all, only static on airports, were present. Very strange, But now it works!

Also I have disabled the Enroute traffic instruction and no more re-routing by ATC.

I also have the EditVoicePack XL present in my simulator to hear more real airlines and not only the default by P3D and VOXATC. Altogether this combination is great!
My project has a small blog where I talk about my home flight simulator if you would like to take a look, https://boeingflightsim.wordpress.com/

Reason I think why I got it wrong was that I have been working real hard to get some other things solved and I wanted to have the airport to myself without AI traffic, so I disabled it myself and just forgot about it after a day or so intense work with another panel :)

Then I just got hooked up on the problem with the deviation from the ATC...well when you work intense enough on some projects you tend to forget some minor things.

Thank you for the Enroute traffic instructions tip. Maybe should talke more to you guys here to not get too blind sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one has a non-zero AI activity level in P3d, VOXATC does not control or communicate with those aircraft. The AI activity level should always be set to 0% in P3d when using VOXATC.

34 minutes ago, spil said:

But when I only had 75% traffic in VOXATC and 0% in P3D no traffic at all, only static on airports, were present

If the sim is generating traffic and VOXATC is not using the same scenery library, then the VOXATC Indexer is not finding your AI traffic files correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now