Sign in to follow this  

Hi

I have a slight problem in understanding this program (Active Sky). I essentially want to specify a time and date and get it to use the historical weeather data specified. 

The initially question is whether  I simply specify use the time and date that I want in P3D and hope that that particular time/date is used by Active Sky.
If not, do I ignore the time/date specified in P3D, and use Wx Control to, and if so, I have to admit that I don't understand the checkbox labelled "Force historical time to sim time"...?

At the end of the day, I want to specify the time/date and P3D to use the weather then... What is the easiest way to set the aircraft time/date and weather time/date to be the same??

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Exactly as you mentioned. Click "Force historical time to sim time".

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

21 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

"Force historical time to sim time"

Checking this will read whatever the time is set in the sim. And Active Sky will load the weather for that time and date and location.

Brill - I appreciate you getting back to me. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gaz am flying July 2018 at this moment. Thats what I like about AS4 I can fly spring and summer weather in the winter.0

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

39 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

The initially question is whether  I simply specify use the time and date that I want in P3D and hope that that particular time/date is used by Active Sky.
If not, do I ignore the time/date specified in P3D, and use Wx Control to, and if so, I have to admit that I don't understand the checkbox labelled "Force historical time to sim time"...?

You can do it either way.

Leave the time and date set in the sim to today’s time and load the historical date and time weather from AS, or set it to use the sim day and time by using the Force Button.

The only difference would be if you want to fly in certain weather that only occurred at either day or night historically and wanted to fly that weather in the day or night in the sim. For example, say there was a sever snow storm a few months ago that was during the night but you want to fly it in he day. You’d set the time and date in AS for that and not Force the sim time and load P3D in the day.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Keeping everything synced to UTC time I find helps as well. The most critical issue with this approach is converting the weather report 'date/time' to UTC. after that, all should be well. 😎

Cheers!

Patrick