Sign in to follow this  
Pierre789

No taxi lights button on the OVH

Hi,

I'm just discovering the Queen of the Skies II, and I don't find any button to turn on the taxi lights  !

Do I need glasses ?

Thank you

Pierre Boileau

LFRS

1 minute ago, Pierre789 said:

Hi,

I'm just discovering the Queen of the Skies II, and I don't find any button to turn on the taxi lights  !

Do I need glasses ?

Thank you

Pierre Boileau

LFRS

Customer option. For example British has not a taxi light in there 744. You can amend this option from the FMC options. All available options are mentioned at the introduction document.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank Chris,

does that mean that some 747-400 have no taxi lights, the companies choose if there are or not ?

1 minute ago, Pierre789 said:

Thank Chris,

does that mean that some 747-400 have no taxi lights, the companies choose if there are or not ?

Correct customer option

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Don't be surprised, the inboard landing lights make very satisfactory taxi lights.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

Don't be surprised, the inboard landing lights make very satisfactory taxi lights.

That's why some operators only have runway turnoff and landing lights.  The 744's landing lights are better taxy lights than they are landing lights!.  

Things like this are always fun when you work at an airline that has been through mergers. Half of our fleet has taxi lights and half does not.  Another one is the optional PTT button on the glareshield. About the time you get used to having it you end up in a plane that doesn’t and reach for a button that doesn’t exist. 😅

Edited by Jetlinker