Sign in to follow this  
MaWies

FSL A320 processing of flows

My system: Windows 10 1809, P3D v4.4, MCE 2.7.8.8 
My aircraft: FSLabs A320 CFM
My Addons: GSX 1, Active sky and sceneries

I am quite new to the FSL bus but used the Aerosoft bus for some years.

Have prepared a lot of individual flows and voice scripts and be very happy that they also work with the FSLabs.

One small problem:

Noticed that during execution of flows the corresponding panels are popping up for a few seconds

eg: when performing "after landing flow" the overhead panel comes to the foreground and can see that APU botton gets pressed.

immediately thereafter the window dissapears. nevertheless it irritates as it blocks the view (VC cockpit) outside.

Could not find any threat that others consider this as a problem, so presume its a question of my settings.

Anybody able to advise?

best regards

Manfred

Edited by MaWies

3 hours ago, MaWies said:

My system: Windows 10 1809, P3D v4.4, MCE 2.7.8.8 
My aircraft: FSLabs A320 CFM
My Addons: GSX 1, Active sky and sceneries

I am quite new to the FSL bus but used the Aerosoft bus for some years.

Have prepared a lot of individual flows and voice scripts and be very happy that they also work with the FSLabs.

One small problem:

Noticed that during execution of flows the corresponding panels are popping up for a few seconds

eg: when performing "after landing flow" the overhead panel comes to the foreground and can see that APU botton gets pressed.

immediately thereafter the window dissapears. nevertheless it irritates as it blocks the view (VC cockpit) outside.

Could not find any threat that others consider this as a problem, so presume its a question of my settings.

Anybody able to advise?

best regards

Manfred

The clicking using 2D panels in P3D V4 only applies to "Flat type" switches on overhead panel and FMC-CDU. All other switches and dials are handled directly in VC.

If you aren't using 2D panels for PFD and ND or Ecam, one workaround would be to set 2D panel transparency to 100% in which case you wouldn't even notice Fo is temporarily popping 2D panel.

Hi Gerald,

The only problem with this is that if you move the mouse while this is happening, sometimes the buttons don't get pushed. For example, I use Aivlasoft and if I move my cursor to that screen and click things while the co-pilot is completing anything with 2D panels, turning on APU etc sometimes doesn't happen because of the 'mis-click'.

Any other way round this?

19 hours ago, John_Clarke said:

Hi Gerald,

The only problem with this is that if you move the mouse while this is happening, sometimes the buttons don't get pushed. For example, I use Aivlasoft and if I move my cursor to that screen and click things while the co-pilot is completing anything with 2D panels, turning on APU etc sometimes doesn't happen because of the 'mis-click'.

Any other way round this?

I set the 2D panel transparency to 95 %. That way the popping up is not really disturbing but still noticeable, so that I know when not to move the mouse.

Gerald are you still working on finding a way to press flat button without 2D panels popping in?

Thanks

Raffaele

16 hours ago, fyase said:

Gerald are you still working on finding a way to press flat button without 2D panels popping in?

Thanks

Raffaele

Not working on it all the time, as it's mostly research (like digging for oil with no guaranteed outcome), and there are many other things going on at the moment.

About 3 days a month spent on it.

We already have it in FSX (FO clicks items directly in VC).

As for P3D V4, we are confident we will eventually work it out.

If you're mentioning this because our competitor claims it has done it, the method used isn't reliable. It is supposed to be a DIY solution, with users needing to work out their own coordinates for each flat button.

They may get away with it since everything is scripted and they can just "re-define standard procedures"  as it suits them. For instance, They're telling everyone that according to Airbus procedures, FCU is the exclusive domain of Pilot Flying, like it's forbidden to ask FO to help you with it, all this because they can't read HDG, ALT VS BARO 😋) ).  Under that "scripted" scenario only a few buttons need to be handled by FO,

Since MCE is a genuine fully interactive crew simulation, we can't make any assumption as to which state the button is in, and you should be able to request help with any of those buttons at any time via a direct voice command (if you wanted), with FO setting it correctly depending on its current state and not just toggling it based on its assumed state related to flight phase, if you see what I mean.

It may work when the user has the same resolution as the dev, and single monitor setup, but can't guarantee it on everyone's PC out of the box.

See this: 

• Upvote 1

I saw that, but it can be compared with MCE. I was just curious if there was some news on that side. My two cents... What about try to use the same method used by fsuipc for the mouse macro? As understood from the developer it's leveraging a native P3D feature.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87021-macro-change-number/

Raffaele

Edited by fyase

1 hour ago, fyase said:

I saw that, but it can be compared with MCE. I was just curious if there was some news on that side. My two cents... What about try to use the same method used by fsuipc for the mouse macro? As understood from the developer it's leveraging a native P3D feature.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87021-macro-change-number/

Raffaele

OK, thanks for the link.

Maybe something changed recently in P3D V4.4 that would make things possible.

• Upvote 1

I tested fsuipc mouse macro on P3D v4.4 and Majestic Dash8 Pro and It's working.
MCE scripts are able to start APU and control other buttons without the need to open 2D panels.
It may also work on FSL A320.

Roberto

Here peter explain how mouse macro works leveraging P3D native feature.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85516-mouse-macro-problem/

Using P3D PDK that on 4.4 fix some issue present on previous version you should be able to handle all the stuffs on overhead and FCU.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85840-important-note-for-mouse-macro-users-updating-to-p3d-version-44/

it would be amazing 

finger crossed

1 hour ago, fyase said:

Here peter explain how mouse macro works leveraging P3D native feature.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85516-mouse-macro-problem/

Using P3D PDK that on 4.4 fix some issue present on previous version you should be able to handle all the stuffs on overhead and FCU.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85840-important-note-for-mouse-macro-users-updating-to-p3d-version-44/

it would be amazing 

finger crossed

FCU not an issue at all. We have control over everything directly in VC, including all dials.

We can't use FSUIPC because this would become a requirement for all users to have it, never mind paying a well deserved fee to Pete Dowson..

We already invested 12 years making our own interface to FSX/Prepar3D ( via fsInsider.dll and fsInsider64.dll ). That's why we can interface pretty much any aircraft and never beg for an SDK.

So, it's either getting the simulated clicks that already work reliably in FSX directly in VC (without mouse MACROS) extended to P3D V4, or investigate the P3D post fix PDK as an alternative.

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

FCU not an issue at all. We have control over everything directly in VC, including all dials.

We can't use FSUIPC because this would become a requirement for all users to have it, never mind paying a well deserved fee to Pete Dowson..

We already invested 12 years making our own interface to FSX/Prepar3D ( via fsInsider.dll and fsInsider64.dll ). That's why we can interface pretty much any aircraft and never beg for an SDK.

So, it's either getting the simulated clicks that already work reliably in FSX directly in VC (without mouse MACROS) extended to P3D V4, or investigate the P3D post fix PDK as an alternative.

My hope is that with PDK you can use the same thing that FSUIPC use for the mouse macro without the need to have it as a prerequirement.

Take your time to investigate, could be useful for other add-on as well.

Thanks again Gerard for your hard work....

Raffaele

Hi Gerald,

Just for my couriosity, do you have a chance to check the PDK? Any possibile use to complete the compatibility with FSL A320?

Raffaele

On 8/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, fyase said:

Hi Gerald,

Just for my couriosity, do you have a chance to check the PDK? Any possibile use to complete the compatibility with FSL A320?

Raffaele

Will let you know as soon as there is a breakthrough.

Meanwhile, if you aren't using the pop-up panels (PFD and ND), you could set panel transparency to near 100 and you won't notice the 2D panels at all.

• Like 1