Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

New Inspector Settings for GTX 1050 Ti?

Just upgraded my graphics card from GTX 560 Ti to GTX 1050 Ti.  Installed 418.91 drivers. Do I need to change Nvidia Inspector settings? Could you please point me to a good reference if I need to change settings? I am using FSX ( I know it's an overkill for FSX but I am planning to change simulator later)

Thanks!

Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You don't need NI and in fact many people recommend not to use it.

Don't know why so many folks on this site are nVidia Inspector haters... it's just a GPU tweaker.  It sets registry flags related to the GPU, just like nVidia's own Control Panel... only NI offers far more control to the end user than CP.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Airbus said:

Just upgraded my graphics card from GTX 560 Ti to GTX 1050 Ti.  Installed 418.91 drivers. Do I need to change Nvidia Inspector settings?

Probably not a lot to change from your previous NI settings.  One would hope you could run higher AA in FSX with your new card?

The version of NI you run is important.  Later variants/forks include a setting in the "Common" section defined as "CUDA - Force P2 State" that should be set to OFF.  Later nVidia cards (including your 1050Ti) include the P2 state which allows the video card to take a nap... when it thinks it should.  Needless to say we would rather our nVidia GPU's not be taking naps while we're simming. :biggrin:  Of course, the P2 state OFF setting should be used in conjunction with "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the "Power Management Mode" setting (also in the "Commom" section).

This version of nVidia Inspector will allow you to control the P2 state: https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW

HTH,

Greg