Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Need some help please

Hello:

I just purchased the airplane and have some questions and 1 issue.

-The spoiler (Air Brake) handle in the cockpit does not move when I use corresponding button on my joy stick.  In other words, when the spoilers are deployed, the handle in the cockpit still remains in the stowed position.

-How do you set the CDI to automatically align with the GPS track from the GTN?  By that I mean my track is 090 but the CDI is 360.  I see the option near the autopilot to move it, but does it align automatically?

-How do I access the payload manager?  I installed it according to instructions but can't seem to access.

-How do I arm/disarm the flight director?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

54 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

I just purchased the airplane and have some questions and 1 issue.

-The spoiler (Air Brake) handle in the cockpit does not move when I use corresponding button on my joy stick.  In other words, when the spoilers are deployed, the handle in the cockpit still remains in the stowed position.

-How do you set the CDI to automatically align with the GPS track from the GTN?  By that I mean my track is 090 but the CDI is 360.  I see the option near the autopilot to move it, but does it align automatically?

-How do I access the payload manager?  I installed it according to instructions but can't seem to access.

-How do I arm/disarm the flight director?

Thanks!

- The spoilers do not use default (standard sim) coding. See Key Assignments under section IV of the Falcon50 manual where G1000 softkeys can be used to operate the spoilers by assigning your joystick buttons to the appropriate G1000 softkeys.

- A decision was made to set the GTN CDI function to manual by default because the HSI in this aircraft is analog. However, you can change this and set the HSI CDI to auto in the GTN's setup (for whatever make of GTN you have). I think the easiest way to do this is to edit the GTN's ini file which is located in the Falcon 50 folder, or use the standard GTN setup procedure for your particular GTN.

- You can access the Payload manager from the 2D Aircraft Options Popup (SHift+2). Also see the manual for Payload manager install information.

- The Flight Director is activated automatically when you select an appropriate autopilot mode (whether the AP is on or off).

Al

Edited by ark

10 minutes ago, ark said:

- The spoilers do not use default coding. See Key Assignments under section IV of the Falcon50 manual

- A decision was made to set the GTN CDI function to manual by default because the HSI in this aircraft is analog. However, you can change this and set the HSI CDI to auto in the GTN's setup (for whatever make of GTN you have). I think the easiest way to do this is to edit the GTN's ini file which is located in the Falcon 50 folder.

- You can access the Payload manager from the 2D Aircraft Options Popup (SHift+2). Also see the manual for Payload manager install information.

- The Flight Director is activated automatically when you select an appropriate autopilot mode (whether the AP is on or off).

Al

Thanks Al.  Can you tell me where the manual is?  I looked in the P3D main folder & in the FA50 folder in sim objects/aircraft but no joy.

Can you also tell me what/ how to edit the ini file?  I see it in the FA50 file.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

8 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks Al.  Can you tell me where the manual is?  I looked in the P3D main folder & in the FA50 folder in sim objects/aircraft but no joy.

Can you also tell me what/ how to edit the ini file?  I see it in the FA50 file.

The Falcon 50 manual is here for download: https://flysimware.com/website/FALCON_50.html

Are you comfortable using a text editor to modify files? If not, then I would use the GTN's standard setup procedure.   Do you have the Flight1 or RXP GTN?

Al

Thanks for your help Al.  I was able to figure everything out.  Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Aaron Ortega

Actually, I have another question (sorry).  How do you "arm" the spoilers, so they deploy automatically at touchdown.

Aaron Ortega

6 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Actually, I have another question (sorry).  How do you "arm" the spoilers, so they deploy automatically at touchdown.

The spoilers do not deploy automatically in the Falcon 50. That's why the pilot's make big bucks!  😉

I'm gonna ask for a raise!  Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

17 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

The Before Landing Check list calls for the Airbreaks to be Retracted ( a check list I found on the web ),also in a flight manual I came across on the web stated ' Extension of the airbreaks within 500' of the ground is not permitted'

. this may be for the  Mystère/Falcon and not the Dassualt 50   …  maybe someone could confirm this

bob

Edited by onebob

On 2/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

The user manual includes a section called keys. Here you can assign keys to your keyboard or joystick for functions like the spoiler and #2 engine reverser. This way you can easily deploy after touchdown with out moving your view. Also the #2 engine reverser needs this key so it only deploys 1 engine. Hardware that controls all 3 engines or F2 keys will deploy all 3 engines.

Edited by Flysimware

5 hours ago, Flysimware said:

The user manual includes a section called keys. Here you can assign keys to your keyboard or joystick for functions like the spoiler and #2 engine reverser. This way you can easily deploy after touchdown with out moving you view. Also the #2 engine reverser needs this key so it only deploys 1 engine. Hardware a that controls all 3 engines or F2 keys will deploy all 3 engines.

Thank you for that explanation.  I was able to set joystick function for the spoilers but...I already have a joystick function to arm/disarms spoilers.  For some reason, when I attempted to use that function (which works in other airplanes), it did NOT work in/with the FA50.  I had to use another (2nd/separate) function to work the spoilers in the FA50.

Why can't I get the already designated joystick function to work in the FA50? 

Thank you.

Aaron Ortega

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thank you for that explanation.  I was able to set joystick function for the spoilers but...I already have a joystick function to arm/disarms spoilers.  For some reason, when I attempted to use that function (which works in other airplanes), it did NOT work in/with the FA50.  I had to use another (2nd/separate) function to work the spoilers in the FA50.

Why can't I get the already designated joystick function to work in the FA50? 

Thank you.

Because the spoiler in the Falcon 50 was designed to only move to 2 positions. And with custom keys to make this easier the default can no longer be used.