Sign in to follow this  
skip d

Saitek Flight Yoke won't connect

I'm using P3Dv4.3 with my Saitek yoke brought over from FSX where it worked nicely with the Saitek programming software.

I tried to understand the FSUIPC software,but was overwhelmed and gave up.

After setting up a profile ...I save it...and it is found in C\users\public\public documents\Logitech\flight yoke system.  "Type" Pro file   "Size" 26kb.

When I click on the 'Profiler Icon' and open the profile for the aircraft I've chosen I get no response to the button presses.

The drivers for the yoke and software are all current and shown as working in the 'Device Manager'

Does anyone know if this is the right location where the file is stored ?

My OS is Win10 Home.

Thanks for any help. Skip D

I have a bunch of Saitek hardware. I find that whenever possible, running the default Windows drivers is best. The Saitek drivers and Windows 10 do not get along with each other. This has been true of the yoke/throttle/rudder set, and also of my creaky old X-45 which still runs fine as long as you keep the Saitek drivers away from it. Before I learned that, I'd have similar problems to you. Device manager showed it was there, and working, but calibrating it was hit and miss, as were button presses.

Since completely wiping out all traces of the Saitek drivers (via an involuntary complete Win-10 reinstall due to it corrupting itself) I haven't had any problems at all.

Have you been to Logitech and downloaded the P3Dv4 patch driver.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks guys.....I'll give both suggestions a go.

I forgot to mention that I have my OS on C drive with a 260GB SSD

And P3Dv4.3 on D drive with a 111GB SSD

If that makes any difference ?? 

9 hours ago, skip d said:

Thanks guys.....I'll give both suggestions a go.

I forgot to mention that I have my OS on C drive with a 260GB SSD

And P3Dv4.3 on D drive with a 111GB SSD

If that makes any difference ?? 

It seems to me that you have two issues but neither is a P3D or SSD issue.

1. Getting windows to properly recognize the yoke and use the correct drivers.

2. Setting up the yoke (and throttle?) controls for use in P3D.

On #1: go to the windows device mgr and see if there is any unrecognized devices. If not go to the HID section and find the yoke. Go to Properties - Driver - Update Driver - 'Browse my computer for driver software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' - then select "USB Input Device" NOT the Saitek driver. If the throttle is connected to the yoke there will be a second device mgr entry under the Yoke (HID), do the same for it if needed. Restart computer and you should then be using the windows USB Input Device drivers.

On #2: I've used the Saitek controls for quite a while from FSX to P3Dv4. I have FSUIPC5 (paid) and use it extensively. There's a learning curve but it's a GREAT add on. PM me if you want me to help set up controls in FSUIPC5 or at least provide my FSUIPC5.ini files for you to play with. Hope this helps.

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

You can use FSUIPC for most Saitek hardware, but you will have problems with display panels (such as in the multi-panel or instrument panels). If you are using these, I would recommend looking at SPAD.next (+ FSUIPC if needed).

Avoid the saitek software /drivers though...

Regards,

John

Edited by John Dowson

Yeah !!!

Thanks John....I'm finding out now what a mess the NEW Logitech drivers are.....whew !!!