Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

UltimateTraffic Live not working

I've re-installed four times now and still nothing. I use CCleaner when un-installing. I have made sure it is clean before installing.There are two options for installing, I have used both. I make sure everything has administrator rights. It has been exempted in Windows Defender, Fire Wall, and my Malwarebytes. The last install is on my C Drive. FSX SE is on the G Drive, Prepared v4 is on the D Drive. I can bring UT Live up using the Icon on the desktop, but not the menu in the sims, and no aircraft to be seen.  I had UT Live on before I went into the sim as per instructions. I even lowered the fps in the UT Live pop-up to zero. Please tell me what I'm missing. With what I have is the C Drive to best place to install it? I've posted this in the UT Live Forum, but after two days not one response.Thanks

Hey Jetsmell,

I've been re-installing my entire sim over the past week. I feel your pain. It took me two tries to get UTLive working correctly. I run P3Dv4 and haven't been in FSX SE for some time, but this little not so obvious checkbox can snag you. Do you have your FSX:SE and UTLive both running in Admin mode? Sorry to ask the obvious that you stated, but this box needs to be checked as well. 

y4mzhAFOswgF2u4rzFZmi_-o-68NshAzH1_DtjtK

Edited by Beckanator

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

In addition to running CC Cleaner, I did a wildcard search for any other 'latent' UTLive files. I found a couple of empty folders, manually deleted them, emptied the trash (recycle bin) and did the did the install again.

Also, did you use the Flight 1 Purchase Agent to install it? 

Sorry, I don't mean to send you on a wild goose chase, just trying to rule out the obvious things that I found could be an issue.

Prior to my second attempted install, I suspended all my plugins and other things that auto launch when the sim starts, so it's basically just your FSX:SE and UTL are loading up. 

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

After the fifth re-install, it's working in FSX SE (G Drive ). Still no luck in my PREPARED v4 ( D Drive ). UT Live was installed on the C Drive. I've done everything by the book, and seem to think that there's one little thing that is preventing UT Live from working in PREPARED. This is really frustrating, and beginning to lose hope!

I installed it in the default C Drive. PREPARED is on the D Drive. It's not in a P3D add-on, it's in the PREPARED PRO folder.

So if it's working with FSX SE, what happens if you start P3d, and then run utl_client?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

jetsmell, what I meant was if you have activated it inside  your sim.

If it is activated you should see this during startup of your sim. 

https://imgur.com/K8dlAQ5

If you open Add-ons on the startup-screen, you should see this.

https://imgur.com/a/COUBCDf

When you have loaded a flight and open the Add-ons tab you should see this.

https://imgur.com/a/iibKNud

If you can not see the screens that I have posted, UTL is not installed or set up in a proper way.

Jack

Edited by JJJackson
  • Like 2

I went to the sim add on and UT Live was there. I clicked the box, re-started and there it was working. I can't thank you and the others enough. All along it was something as simple as that.

• Like 1