Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 2-1 Beta: New Providence (Nassau)

Greg - thanks.  Is this discussion centered around P3D 4+?  Just curious, because I own the Aerosoft product for MYNN (its never been ‘updated’ past P3D v3) and was wondering if anyone else has installed & run that one in P3D v4 without causing problems...I have installed it & seems to run fine, but then when I inevitably encounter terrain.cfg issues, I always blame older sceneries....

I’ll gladly take a stab at integrating your Bahamas pack with the commercial MYNN when I get back from my trip.  I’m rebuilding scenery anyway with the P3D 4.5 update, so nows a good time.  Thx for your work on this.  

Rgds

john

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

John,

In my experience P3d v4 seems to have good backward compatibility with v3 scenery.  The converse is not true however.  The .bgl files created with the  SDK compilers for v4 often won't load in v3.  For Nassau, I have done all my compiling with v3 SDK and I haven't encountered any problems in P3dv4.  

Re the Aerosoft MYNN, it should work fine with this scenery (see Chris Da's posts above).  The only issue he and others have found was that ORBX vector scenery would bleed through.  The simple fix is to find any other MYNN scenery files and suppress them by adding a .hide extension or by moving them to a backup folder.  

Please let me know if you see any misalignment between the NassauX scenery and this addon.  Screenshots will help.   I'll see if I can fix them.

Meanwhile, I'm working on Andros Island.  BIG and lots of polygons so it's taking a while.  

Best,

Greg

Anyone have an AVSIM link for Bahamas Scenery 2.1?

The 2.1 link posted above brings me to scenery Pack 2.2 at Avsim?

Also, is anyone currently using this scenery with ORBX Vector and N/A LC?

Which LC and Vector data should I use; ORBX or the ones from this Scenery Package?  Are they compatible and/or which one is better looking and more accurate?

Regards!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp