Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

GSX in conjunction with B748

Hi! Some smart PC. Plt. having knowledge about the B748 steering tiller and nose wheel behavior in conjunction with GSX during push back? When I request PB from GSX and the PB initialize a turn (in any degrees) the nose wheel and steering tiller in my acft. start to shaking violently. The parking brake is released during PB.

6 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

Hi! Some smart PC. Plt. having knowledge about the B748 steering tiller and nose wheel behavior in conjunction with GSX during push back? When I request PB from GSX and the PB initialize a turn (in any degrees) the nose wheel and steering tiller in my acft. start to shaking violently. The parking brake is released during PB.

Been answered quite a few times.  Nothing to be done about it.  Its an issue in the 747 side not GSX.  FSDT has told PMDG the fix from what I remember and PMDG insists FSDT modify their software to work with their aircraft  via their SDK.  So don't think you'll ever see a change.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

You can also hit control-P when gsx starts pushing back and it will stop the shaking. Just have to remember to hit control P again when gsx stops pushing. 

Orman

23 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

FSDT has told PMDG the fix from what I remember and PMDG insists FSDT modify their software to work with their aircraft  via their SDK.  So don't think you'll ever see a change.

There's nothing in the PMDG SDK that seems to be related to this issue, which is not even clear *what* it is.

The PMDG SDK contains a list of custom key events to remotely controls switches on the panel, which means if something can be done with it (assuming it could), it must be a system that is already in reach of users as well, since nothing in the PMDG SDK allows to control anything of its internal simulation.

instead, GSX has a documented way to know exactly when GSX is pushing (precisely to prevent any conflict with the airplane simulation when the Pushback is happening), and several developers, Leonardo, Aerosoft and FS Labs, already use it successfully, to grant smooth GSX interaction to their customers.

3 hours ago, okupton said:

You can also hit control-P when gsx starts pushing back and it will stop the shaking. Just have to remember to hit control P again when gsx stops pushing. 

Are you sure it's Ctrl+P and not, perhaps, Shift+P, which is the default key to start the default Pushback ?

That would indicate PMDG IS detecting the default Pushback, and it is turning off what prevents the shaking, because they know that system should be turned off while pushing so, they are doing with the default pushback what I asked them to do for GSX as well.

I guess we could just send a Shift+P on Pushback start and another one at the end automatically...I'll have to try.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, virtuali said:

Are you sure it's Ctrl+P and not, perhaps, Shift+P, which is the default key to start the default Pushback ?

That would indicate PMDG IS detecting the default Pushback, and it is turning off what prevents the shaking, because they know that system should be turned off while pushing so, they are doing with the default pushback what I asked them to do for GSX as well.

I guess we could just send a Shift+P on Pushback start and another one at the end automatically...I'll have to try.

Yes Umberto, Shift P.  Thanks for correcting my error. I hope that helps provide a solution! 

Orman