Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

PC Factory Reset - Now Issues with ChasePlane

All had been working perfectly for many months until the last Windows Update crippled my PC and I had no choice but to do a complete factory reset and three days later I have installed 100% of all files and programs.

P3D v4.4 is working well as is all other addons except for ChasePlane

After installing, my settings are showing up in ChasePlane but do not work.

It seems that I am going to have to re-configure everything all over again.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid a complete re-configuration of all my aircraft?

Regards,

Dane

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

The Community settings are a good place to find some starting cameras. It works well and there's a bunch of cameras for the more popular aircraft.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

19 hours ago, RichieFly said:

The Community settings are a good place to find some starting cameras. It works well and there's a bunch of cameras for the more popular aircraft.

Thanks for your reply, but it just seems to me that there is a file somewhere in the system that allows you to bring back your settings - I could be wrong though???

Regards, Dane

Well Dane, I thought that our settings were saved on the OldProp's servers. So, yeah. Seems like they should still be there.

Maybe a official from OldProp might chime in at some point.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

To Keven Menard: wondered whether you could help me with this.

There are files and folders in the AppData directory and wondered if I was to copy these over from my backed up copy to my current copy if that would help with my issue?

See links to my printscreens....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HeBCZ1yYJQ2bfVQLA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gKmhYzKf5t1Rug4b6

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

By "my settings are showing up in ChasePlane but do not work" do you mean your settings or your camera presets?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

35 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

By "my settings are showing up in ChasePlane but do not work" do you mean your settings or your camera presets?

Keven, I should have been more specific.

Two issues:

1. The Control Assignments were listed but did not function - this is now fixed as I manually re-configured them.

2. Camera Presets were listed but do not function - I did re-configure one aircraft only - the Baron B58. The others have not been re-configured. If it is easier I will just spend the time re-configuring them all.

See links to my printscreens

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5SvHENAtDjf2n1LM9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z3UmjPPxysupDXzV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yT2NoT9YQdjDMhAq9

Also Keven, this is not a new observation, but is there a way to enlarge the Preferences Screen screens as you cannot see the full screen, you have to navigate down or up?

What is the folder called Region in the AppData Folder?

Regards, Dane

Are we strictly talking about the control assignments here? It wouldn't make sense that the presets themselves wouldn't work.

Your controller likely changed ID when you reinstalled Windows. I recommend using Named Assignments instead to prevent this from taking a lot of your time in the future.

There is no way to resize the Preferences screen right now.

Region contains airport data for the Static camera

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, the Control Assignments are OK as I mentioned.

The only issue left are the Camera Presets, but as I mentioned if it is easier I can just start re-assiging, let me know.

Regarding the Region folder, is it necessary to copy that folder over to the new current folder?

Regards, Dane

15 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Keven, the Control Assignments are OK as I mentioned.

The only issue left are the Camera Presets, but as I mentioned if it is easier I can just start re-assiging, let me know.

Regarding the Region folder, is it necessary to copy that folder over to the new current folder?

Keven, last night I went ahead and re-assigned Camera Presets for all my aircraft - long job but it is now all done.

Regards, Dane