Sign in to follow this  
ckelly14

X-Europe

Using X-Europe with Ortho4XP tiles and it looks good in most of Europe.  However, I have Orbx True Earth for GB and I believe I am getting X-Europe objects in GB as X-Europe is at a higher level of scenery (or at least I believe it is).  I have also noticed a significant slow down of FPS that I never had before. 

When flying around GB, I can disable X-Europe in X-organizer, but it's tough on my England-France and England- Ireland routes.  Anyone think of a work-around for this?

Last question, that I still quite understand after reading the manual.  What does it mean that I need to change the library.txt file when using othoscenery?

Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, ckelly14 said:

Last question, that I still quite understand after reading the manual.  What does it mean that I need to change the library.txt file when using othoscenery?

simHeaven_X-Europe-2-scenery contains three files, library.txt, library - orthographic.txt, and library - standard.txt. After installation, library.txt and library - standard.txt should be identical. This is if you use a mesh like the HD mesh or just the default.

If you want to us X-Europe together with orthophotos, you delete libary text and copy library - orthographic.txt into library.txt.

The other question I'll leave to the experts, as I don't cross the border and just activate either TE GB or X-Europe. I would guess, though, that X-Europa should have lower priority than the TE GB Exclusions and Custom directories, but higher than the TE Orthos (and other Orthos, if you use them), if both are in use.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

As for the slowdowns, simHeaven have a history of posting interesting but unoptimized products, so bad performance is kind of expected. They're all free so don't get me wrong, no offence, but I'd never let one of their downloads even close to my custom scenery folder. It lies in the nature of autogenerated scenery (of course 1000 wind turbines will hit your FPS), and for some areas it might work just fine, but it's a big avoid for anyone who relies on XP11's high performance.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I just went into the 3 X-Europe folders and removed all the tiles replaced by Orbx TrueEarth.