Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Will FSX graphic look like this?

>Take a look here http://www.shipsim-secure.com/ and download>the demo.. I see some things that maybe we will see in fsx,>like birds, the water reflection? Just my thoughts..>>Alberto Maybe you have not bothered to view any videos for the new FSX? There are birds and water reflections (Water looks more like water in FSX than that ship demo unless we think water is calm always).................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

>> Maybe you have not bothered to view any videos for the new>FSX? There are birds and water reflections (Water looks more>like water in FSX than that ship demo unless we think water is>calm always)..>Yes, I have seen the FSX videos... and i have seen only calm water in FSX.. or i'm wrong? and I was not talking only about the water, but just about all the enviroment.. many abjects and no impact on framerate, also in the rain and foggy no impact on my system.. Alberto

i've played the german version of this.. unimpressed. FS has much more realistic boat movements. in this game, everything is fixed onto the water, navigation is a joke, intruments 0... 10 minutes and you are bored

I downloaded this as I why curious about how the graphics might run on my machine. Ran fine but unimpressed. Other than the water, the graphics aren't that great. There is absolutely no physics. Granted it's just a demo--maybe when it's completed (I don't think its been released yet)Randall

Hey as long as they have an open souce GMAX community, bring it on, would love to port some of those ships to FS... :DEDIT: Just looked at the master video, and it gave me some new ideas, thanks for the link...I still miss my Arnie Armchair's America's Cup race for the Commodore 64, only took 1 hour to load from tape back in the day lol...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

I can see it now: FSTitanic, by D.Mountford.We already know FSX will allow sub-orbital travel. But will FSX allow sub-marine travel? :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ahhh the good old Commodore 64. I used to have the Apollo 11 game (from memory) and that America's Cup game - fantastic - but as you said, took forever to load - even during the game!!

lol what was worse Travis was when the file would corrupt on load, sometimes would take 3 hours to get it to work...lol and people whine about FS... if they *only* knew what us old timers went through....As for FSTitanic.zip I believe that has already been done, but I might be tempted to convert a higher resolution mesh :(As for submarine travel, ACES ;), start thinking Physx based hydrography and finding some source data from the US Navy for underwater terrain mapping ;)Sorry I'm being a punk :( lol I know you are focused on 'flight' sim... but the world is already modelled, why not open it up to a wider audience? :-)Don't take me too seriously but it is an idea...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR