Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

SimBrief not giving me a decent route

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Great looking software, although I will look at it in the future because it looks pretty conplicated. SimBrief is easier.

I would not disagree 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mace said:

In the Airbus FMC -- press the INIT button

Hi Mace. I did that, and it looks like I had to do a little more... perhaps on one of these screens...

INIT: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X2B3Bv49qhRvnTbR8
INITIAL FLIGHT PREDICITION: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7Q8ihk85fUhYevCZ6
TAKE OFF page: https://photos.app.goo.gl/smrVAdzPvHHLYpc99

After the data enters the TAKE PAGE, my v-speeds normally are calculated since the aircraft has all the data it should. I then clean the F-PLAN page from discontinuities. Normally, from Simbrief I check the TAKE OFF page is clear, and so is the INIT page, with no problems.

Not sure if I can reply for a while as I am going to test this.

Thanks!

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

56 minutes ago, srcooke said:

I put the route created by PFPX through Simbrief, it should now be available to you.

Thanks Scrooke,  I think I have it working now, but I'm going to try and get that PFPX planner working better at some point.

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

I'm not sure what you're saying.

You asked how to create a plan in LittleNavMap, and load it into the Aerosoft Airbus, and that's how it is done 🙂 or at least how I do it.  I'm always open to suggestions.

As for the rest of your FMC pages, there would still be more data to enter, to get ready for takeoff...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

I'm not sure what you're saying.

You asked how to create a plan in LittleNavMap, and load it into the Aerosoft Airbus, and that's how it is done 🙂 or at least how I do it.  I'm always open to suggestions.

As for the rest of your FMC pages, there would still be more data to enter, to get ready for takeoff...

Hi Mace

Well, looking back to my problem it wwas because I was getting INIT REQUEST on the MCDU2 page after I had loaded the flight plan. I actually just had to update the plan when I was assigned a runway which I think is good.

Gaz on Facebook

On 3/30/2019 at 5:49 PM, fluffyflops said:

one of the reasons you are struggling is no one flies the route (to the best of my knowledge)  and simbrief replies on routes on flightaware and previous routes run on the 2 city pairs.

Theres not even a recommended route for it on CFMU (eurocontrol)  so your in a bit of a mess here.  

Now what I would do would be to find a route thats going to close to your destination and chop and change the route.  This is how we would do it in the real world.

for example there is a Vueling flight today from Florence to Gatwick, route as below 

N0418F300 BALUK5M BALUK M730 BEROK L153 OSBUL L995 PEPAG N851 ABESI/N0447F380 UN851 ELMUR UL613 DIDOR UT10 IRBAL UT421 KUNAV TIMBA4B

Now youve also got a LSGG TO Newcastle today doing this 

N0442F380 DIPIR UB37 IBABA UZ124 OBURO UH10 CHABY UM733 KOPOR UY376 VESAN UL613 SOVAT/N0433F360 UL613 MOGLI/N0392F280 UL613 BETAX/N0384F260 UL613 MAMUL UY250 GASKO DCT

I would chop and change both routes to this 

N0418F300 BALUK5M BALUK M730 BEROK L153 OSBUL L995 PEPAG N851 ABESI/N0447F380 UN851 ELMUR UL613 MOGLI/N0392F280 UL613 BETAX/N0384F260 UL613 MAMUL UY250 GASKO DCT

and bobs your uncle... the key here is the UL613  both routes are using this airway so you cut and paste the 2 routes together using that airway.

Ill admit I have a head start beacuse ive access to eurocontrol which give me both those route strings.  with out it that would of taken me a while to do.

Hi, sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but I've just been having exactly these types of problems on long-haul flights. I've found a makeshift casual simmer fix that works for me in line with the above quote. On some obscure long flights like Lanzhou China to Paris Orly, with no real world counterparts, SimBrief isn't giving me any route, except direct departure to destination. Trying Charles de Gaulle as the destination or entering a bunch of fixes into the route finder didn't help either.

I simultaneously open three separate browser tabs with SimBrief, and enter Lanzhou to Moscow Shermetyevo as a single flight in one, then Shermetyevo to Orly in a second one, and it actually quickly finds routes for those individual flights, and then I just paste the bulk of the enroute segments of those two flights into the route window on a third tab, and it works.

Simply using the Route Finder and telling it to include UUEE as a fix however doesn't work. So a quick fix on obscure long-haul flights for me is to find one, or a few airports that seem plausible enough as enroute waypoints looking at the upper level winds, turbulence, t-storms etc., and then just insert those into SimBrief as multiple individual flights on multiple browser tabs, to finally paste them into a single workable flight.

Tell me which 2 city pair's you need. 

I'll have a look at it

14ppkc-6.png

For example right now I'm going ZLLL to LFPO, using my method going past Moscow, but I'm quite sure a proper routing would have gone a bit further north, weaker headwinds.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks Scrooke,  I think I have it working now, but I'm going to try and get that PFPX planner working better at some point.

Pfpx is a great tool thou it annoys me when it does not give me the correct departure/ arrival runways and also sid/ stars
using latest airac /asp3d.

what I do now is load simbrief create a plan .

copy the flight plan to pfpx and also the runways it advises for take off and landing.

And bobs your aunty.

cheers 

mike

I never thought good old Bob would undergo gender reassignment. Strange times.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I never thought good old Bob would undergo gender reassignment. Strange times.

heh.  Who is Bob?  Or should I not ask. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB