Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

SweetFX/Reshade in FSX-SE + Windows10, windowed?

Hello everyone. I asked in the SweetFX forum, but almost no one goes there, so I'm trying again here.

Has anybody been able to run SweetFX or Reshade in Windows 10 (version 1803 or newer)? I've tried doing so, but FSX-SE refuses to start (FS9 does neither).

I've also tried installing the June/2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes, but it does still not work. I've run out of ideas. Does anybody have another one?

For reference, my specs are at my signature below.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Luis, you are technically breaking the rules by having 2 identical topics in 2 different forums.  Should I do a temporary removal of the one in the SweetFX forum?

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Should I do a temporary removal of the one in the SweetFX forum?

Yes, please remove the other one. No one is paying attention there. At least here it has more exposure...

3 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Yes, please remove the other one. No one is paying attention there. At least here it has more exposure...

Already done and did.

On 4/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

Hello everyone. I asked in the SweetFX forum, but almost no one goes there, so I'm trying again here.

Has anybody been able to run SweetFX or Reshade in Windows 10 (version 1803 or newer)? I've tried doing so, but FSX-SE refuses to start (FS9 does neither).

I've also tried installing the June/2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes, but it does still not work. I've run out of ideas. Does anybody have another one?

For reference, my specs are at my signature below.

If you are using DX10 Fixer with FSX-SE then I think only version 1 of Reshade is working.
And then you have to rename the ReShade32.dll to d3d11.dll (at least I had to, in my system) for FSX-SE to start.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, niklaslan. I don't have DX10 Fixer; I didn't see any performance improvement when enabling DX10 Preview and I didn't go further. Thus, I'm stuck in DX9.

Edited by Luis Hernandez