Thosdick48

FLYSIMWARE CESSNA 441 CONQUEST II - GTN 750

Recommended Posts

I have two of the Flight1 Garmin GTN 750 units installed in the Cessna 441, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  I cannot get the aircraft NAV, or GPS features to track the course in my flight plan. The aircraft, however, does fly the heading, if I select HDG in the autopilot. Is there a Flysimware training manual for the Cessna 441 that provides instructions/guidance?  I don't know if this is an aircraft issue or add-on issue.  I also cannot get the Garmin GNS 530 to accurately track and fly the desired track heading, although it gets close to the heading, but not the heading.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thosdick48 said:

I have two of the Flight1 Garmin GTN 750 units installed in the Cessna 441, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  I cannot get the aircraft NAV, or GPS features to track the course in my flight plan.

I suggest you run the Flight1 configuration tool and check that you have the settings below on your #1 GTN750 (Autopilot to Nav, Link CRS Yes and Auto CRS Yes). Note only use Auto CRS Yes if you want the HSI course arrow to automatically move to the course for the current FP leg.

07955651d7.PNG

Or, if you prefer, instead of using the above Configuration tool, you can use a text editor like Notepad to directly check and edit (if necessary) the F1GTN.ini file which is in the C441 folder under Simobjects. A section of the F1GTN.ini file should look like the below where I've put ** to indicate the 3 settings that correspond to the 3 config tool settings discussed above.

[GTN750.1]
Radios=0
Autopilot=1       ** 
Mouse=1
Link CRS=1      **
Auto CRS=1     **
Fuel=1
Sound=1
Invert Mouse Wheel=0

etc

Al

 

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ark - your suggestion is very much appreciated. THANK YOU.  After I launched the configuration and reviewed the settings you suggested, I observed that they were exactly what you suggested.  So, in my further attempt to resolve the issue, I uninstalled the Conquest, and the reinstalled the plane, but this time I installed only one Garmin GTN 750 unit. I then started P3DV4.4, and then loaded the aircraft. Aside from the issue, I noticed a slight drop in my FPS.  I then loaded a flight plan, and after climbing to about 1,000 ft. agl i activated the autopilot and clicked on NAV.  The AP struggled to capture the DTK heading.  At first it over-shot the heading, and then it attempted to initiate a corrective action several times.  I am not sure if I had clicked on NAV1/GPS would have made a difference, so I ended the flight. I the recreated the flight plan, but selected HDG, after setting the DTK, and I got much, much better results.  It appears that maybe I am not doing something right.  In any event, thanks once again for your help.

thosdick48

(Thom)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thosdick48 said:

I am not sure if I had clicked on NAV1/GPS would have made a difference, so I ended the flight

Thom,

Try something like this:

1. Enter a FP into the GPS.

2. Put the GPS in GPS mode (GPS will be indicated at the bottom center of the GTN750).

3. Once at about 1000ft AGL or so, turn on the AP ( Z key) and put it in HDG mode (HDG ON) and set the HDG bug on the HSI to intercept the desired course (Pic1 below where the desired course if off to the right)

4. One the HSI CDI (bar) starts to move towards the center, select NAV on the AP. (Pic2 below).

5. The AP should capture the course and center the HSI CDI (Pic3 below). BTW, once the CDI centers it is good practice to move the HDG bug to the current heading (not shown).

6. The C441 should now track the desired course.

Sorry the pics are so dull.

Al

a67a0128e2.PNG

 

b45b347e58.PNG

 

e5100c042e.PNG

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ark,

Sorry that I took so long to respond, but my access to the internet was interrupted due to a severed underground cable.  Contractors for AT&T accidentally cut the cable, causing all of the homeowners on my block to suffer a loss of service.  Obviously, my pc is back up and running, but today I just learned that LM released P3Dv4.5, so I will be busy uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. However, I will get back to you with the details of my results on trying your suggestion. Thanks for your help.

Thosdick48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thosdick48 said:

Hello Ark,

Sorry that I took so long to respond, but my access to the internet was interrupted due to a severed underground cable.  Contractors for AT&T accidentally cut the cable, causing all of the homeowners on my block to suffer a loss of service.  Obviously, my pc is back up and running, but today I just learned that LM released P3Dv4.5, so I will be busy uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. However, I will get back to you with the details of my results on trying your suggestion. Thanks for your help.

Thosdick48

Be aware you need updated GTN750 and Rex-Milviz WX radar units for use with P3Dv4.5. Both Flight1 and RXP have updated their GTN750s accordingly, but when I checked earlier today the update for the WX radar was still not available.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ark said:

when I checked earlier today the update for the WX radar was still not available.

It's been my experience that the WXR is usually updated after a noticeable wait... That's why I haven't updated to v4.5 yet.... 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now