Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Carenado ATR-42!

Yes that comes as a big surprise, but obviously there is another waypoint or aid a long way away named POY.  So simply delete this one, and the distance scale comes back to something more realistic.  A more complete FMS would popup and ask you to choose, but of course not this oversimplified product.  Strangely enough the next waypoint though based on POY worked ok for me.  However to be safe you can find another SID that does not use POY.

Unfortunetly, after Carenado's release for the Saab 340, I have zero interest to buy any new Carenado addons. They didn't provide a simple external power for Saab 340 either, and jumps straight into new addons forgetting the old ones. It is still 44$ for the addon. I will think about buying the Carenado ATR 42, but not with good hopes.

Edited by cockpit_aviator

On 4/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ian McPhail said:

Yes that comes as a big surprise, but obviously there is another waypoint or aid a long way away named POY.  So simply delete this one, and the distance scale comes back to something more realistic.  A more complete FMS would popup and ask you to choose, but of course not this oversimplified product.  Strangely enough the next waypoint though based on POY worked ok for me.  However to be safe you can find another SID that does not use POY.

It's not a big deal to check SID/STAR but for payware addon we're expecting something more and more care about customers. 1.3 just released, i send this issue to the devs and nothing changed(((

They always say that they will improve the FMC and VNAV... did not happen. I will not buy any other aircraft from them till they will really do it. Only promises.

With their FMC or with the GTN I can not fly their products properly on Vatsim. One is badly implemented, the other one can not use the latest Airac cycle.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

So I gave in and bought and installed the F1GTN750.  The installation directions and additions to the cfg file are included in the Simobjects/ATR42 folder.  It however effectively doubled the price of the add-on, but I admit to getting a kick out of learning the GTN which is a very complete tool.   Because the installation of the 750 is included in the aircraft folder I assume that is all Carenado intends to do about automatic navigatation.  With the 750 installed the native FMS is cutout completely of course and the GTN becomes the master device.

• Like 1