Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

New SWIFT Pilot Client for VATSIM

Working fine and tested with XP and prep3d lot's of tools and detail.

There is a checklist for installing as a Wiki follow all the step and you get there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simbio said:

Working fine and tested with XP and prep3d lot's of tools and detail.

There is a checklist for installing as a Wiki follow all the step and you get there. 

Thanks Simbio.

Did you notice any improvement regarding lag/refresh/update times.  Is there anything noticeably different from using vPilot?

cheers

erich

Edited by ErichB

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Thanks Simbio.

Did you notice any improvement regarding lag/refresh/update times.  Is there anything noticeably different from using vPilot?

cheers

erich

wanna know that last part as well.

The ui looks a bit.. clunky/ old but hey, free is free ❤️

Victor Roos

Well we talk about software developed by volunteers check this video LoL yesthe interface is old but it works.

I didn't have any problem so far no lag no refresh etc the only aspect is to build the model matching that can be difficult.

Flying in XP is another dimension, view xsquawkbox was a nightmare for me.

I feel to back when fsinnwas working well and it was the best.

48 minutes ago, simbio said:

Well we talk about software developed by volunteers check this video LoL yesthe interface is old but it works.

I didn't have any problem so far no lag no refresh etc the only aspect is to build the model matching that can be difficult.

Flying in XP is another dimension, view xsquawkbox was a nightmare for me.

I feel to back when fsinnwas working well and it was the best.

I find it bizarre that anyone developing anything for 6 years should have a bad UI.  If we have learned anything in the flightsim world, be it P3D or XP, its that people hate bad, clunky UI's 

Seems this might be more of a step up for from xSqawkbox than it will be from vPilot.

Also, did you notice whether AI models have rotating nose wheels?  This is one aspect i dislike about vPilot. Aircraft turns on the ground and the nosewheel is static.

Edited by ErichB

IT works well. The model matching could use some work. It's quite complicated to get figured out compared to other clients out there. The only thing I don't like is the radar only has a north orientation mode. It's confusing when in flight. I hope they add a heading orientation mode so you can see if aircraft are behind or in front of you easily. For Xplane, it's a nice alternative to Xsquawkbox. Take Care..

Now that SquawkBox is no longer supported if you use FS2004 I thought I would give this a go and after installation the only error message I have is this "missing model string" this is related to my PMDG MD11 Fedex livery (fs9) anyone else had this error message?    any help would be great     thanks Brian

Yes indeed. I just got an email telling me SquawkBox is no longer going to work in VATSIM. How NICE. I also run FS9 on a WIn732, why? Because I have no interest in WIN10 or rebuilding my sim. I would not mind a restart to a newer flight sim, like say X11, outside of what I see as a sim that needs a lot of constant tinkering and a lot of money for a system to operate it on so it looks and runs good. As far as I can see SWIFT Client shows fs9 as EXPERIMENTAL,

I realize that F9 is old, but so am I, living on a fixed income DOES NOT allow me the luxury of a new $3000 computer. And all this for what? So the voice is better?I have never seen the voice on VATSIM VIA SquawkBox as an issue.

SO I question why this move?

So before I bother, and it seems as if only Swift will run with FS9, Will it?

Does Swift actually run with FS9< and how much hassle or learning curve is there?
Thanks