Posted (edited)

Hi Matt,

I think I did a boo boo with my pta 2.66. Instead of making any backup with my shaders I eagerly applied ini shaders file provided with 2.65 into 2.66 and instead getting an error.
I tried to check and uncheck Urban lighting but still getting the same error messages:

In the end I was able to load initial config file.

Applying preset F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\MattDavies_Dec18 (2).ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not exists
Shader backup F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been restored to F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not exists
Shaders cache cleared
Backup of config file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\CONFIG_BACKUP\Prepar3D.cfg has been reatored to C:\Users\Bilal Asif Khan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

Edited by biloo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Easy one to fix ...

... just reinstall the P3Dv4.5 *CLIENT*. It will re-create the shaders folder in P3D root.

I always make a backup of the folder immediately after an upgrade. Quite a few files, but they're all tiny - so it doesn't take long at all.

Adam.

Thanks Adam,

I just did that. Quick question regarding the new pta 2.66. PTA 2.66 I downloaded doesn't have Matt's ini file. Can I use the one provided in v2.65 zip file ?