Sign in to follow this  
PapaCharlieKilo

P3D v4.5 huge performance drop with Chaseplane

Dear fellow simmers,

I have just finished my new build (see signature).

Everything is working pretty well, though I might suffer from the mediocre performance some folks encounter with v4.5.
Anyway I am able to achieve 25-30 FPS in the 787's VC in heavy weather at LEBL with settings on the higher side, AS16, REX Skyforce and UT-live.
But as soon as I start ChasePlane my FPS drop to 3-5. This happens with both the new experimental update and the earlier non-experimental.

Has anyone else come across this problem and has eventually found a fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Edited by PapaCharlieKilo
  • Like 1

Wow... support response with AT LEAST a comment or a "thanks we're looking into this" would be a minimum. Typical example of why payware should never use forum-based support model... Same issue here. 

18 hours ago, marciac18 said:

... Typical example of why payware should never use forum-based support model...

These are User-to-User forums, primary line of support is accessible on the OldProp website here:

https://oldprop.com/sim/support/products/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Thanks for the information, mea culpa, but still... I have seen the devs step in, occasionally. You'd think that performance impact issues would prompt a response, no?