Sign in to follow this  
ICSimulations

GTN750 and FSEconomy GPS/VLOC Switching

The issue I had before was gone with the latest update to the GTN. And that was the GPS/NAV switching back and forth VLOC to GPS...VLOC to GPS.  Not sure if this is even a GTN issue. I launched the sim hopped into the F33 Bonanza REP. This time though I decided to do a FSE flight. As soon as I started the FSE flight t he GPS/NAV switch started hopping between the VLOC/GPS modes. Any thoughts? Latest software updates installed for everything.

Thank you!

Edited by ICSimulations

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that the FSE plugin isn't doing anything that would affect the GTN. It mainly reads datarefs, and It think the only "active" change it makes in the sim s setting the plane's weight. It sounds like you haven't found the underlying problem there.

Do you have a keyboard or controller command set to toggle between VLOC/GPS? You might want to run through all your current custom commands and make sure that isn't set somewhere. Or it might be a GTN750 bug. Have you asked about it on that support forum?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks for responding. No I do not have a keyboard or controller set to toggle. I just did another flight. As soon as I select 'select flight' in FSE it starts. I landed and selected finish flight and it stopped. My apologies. I should have posted this in there support forum. I hope it is ok to repost it there.

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

It is likely that the aircraft you rent in FSE did not have a gps hence the fact that you can’t use it to the fullest extent.

1 hour ago, Bushido5 said:

It is likely that the aircraft you rent in FSE did not have a gps hence the fact that you can’t use it to the fullest extent.

Oh good catch, I forgot how that works. Yeah, if the FSE plane you're using doesn't have a GPS installed as optional equipment, you can still turn on the GPS in the sim, load a flight plan, and see the course. But it won't allow linking to the autopilot. 

It's been so long since I've flown a plane in FSE without a GPS that I completely forgot about that. 

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor