Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FSX AFCAD's

Guest may05amad

Hi simmers,I wonder if FSX AFCAD's will contain more parking spots/gates than in the original FS9 ?Let's hope we won't see any go around in FSX anymore ......good day/night

>Hi simmers,>>I wonder if FSX AFCAD's will contain more parking spots/gates>than in the original FS9 ?>>>Let's hope we won't see any go around in FSX anymore ......>>>good day/nightYou can add parking spots till you are blue in the face with the current sim, won't make a difference as FS ATC cannot handle real world amounts of traffic. You get go arounds in the real world, so why not in the sim, but I agree, it is annoying.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

To be picky - Flight Simulator does not have "AFCADs" - it has data about the airport in the APnnnnn.bgl files, and several other files also impact the airport.Lee's AFCAD program reads some of that data and display's it in a graphical form. We can use AFCAD, SceneGenX or XML coding to modify or create airports in FS. I have done so with each.Hwoever, some critical features such as adding an approach so the ATC and GPS will recognize the ILS exists can only be done with XML and BLGComp. Exclusion areas, flattens, taxiway signs are just some of the other items which AFCAD cannot manipulate.But, anyway - increasing the amount of default parking implies an increase to the amount of default AI traffic.The TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe program in it's automatic mode generates AI traffic to keep most of the spots on the airports filled. It does leave parking for the user aircraft.As Michael pointed out - when we try to put "realistic" levels of AI traffic into airports, much testing shows the approach system gets overloaded with more than five aircraft assigned inbound on a single runway. By get overloaded, I mean more than one aircraft assigned to each initial waypoint.We will have to wait for a few months and see what the late beta and RC results look like. Any significant increase in parking - especially at major airports would imply an increase in capacity for the approach system. I just hope we do not have to wait six months for the scenery SDK.One other point about AI aircraft parking at airports. In my experience, this is the single most contentious issue in FS for people who use AI traffic. Almost everyone wants the parking a bit different. Some complain loud and long, and everyone has a different view of what the parking should be at their favorite airport.It's all about personalizing the FS experience.

Guest may05amad

Thanks,that was a good point.