Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Sorry P3d... you're boring me.

1 hour ago, sanh said:

I got bored with p3d and did not fly after 3.4. Then I switched to xplane a month ago. The default airports are amazing. Semi payware airports worldwide. Been flying 3 times a week to every corner of the earth. I think you have to try other sims to keep the excitement going. They all bring something different. P3d is still on my hard drive and that itch for the aerosoft a320 will come back soon.

I go thru my phases with P3D4.5, switching back and forth between it and Xplane11.  I have P3D for the wonderful addon aircraft I have, but my add on aircraft list is growing for Xplane11 and now probably equal in number to P3D though not as many liveries.  Xplane11 in my opinion offers better atmospherics (haze into the distance), way better landclass and mesh accuracy, and excellent autogen, though the trees have improved quite a bit in P3D4.5.  Flight dynamics in Xplane11's rotorcraft are superb, as well as in slow flying aircraft such as blimps, ultralights and trikes. 

P3D though has aircraft with great systems, flight dynamics, and I like the look of the clouds in P3D much more than Xplane11, they have more substance.  Either sim is fun to fly, boredom comes with staying with the same sim for weeks on end, so it is good to switch off if you have both sims.  I would gain a ton of hard drive space if I uninstalled P3D but I would never do that because I would miss the wonderful aircraft collection payware vendors have provided over the years, and boredom also comes from flying the same aircraft over and over again. 

In P3D I recently bought my first heavy, the Quality Wings 787, which offers liveries of your choosing and is a wonderful office to fly from.  If ever boredom strikes, a new aircraft add-on usually breaks me out of that spell, budget permitting.  I have invested more in aircraft add-ons than the cost of the sims, but I go to fewer rock and jazz concerts to compensate, since those are one off events and entertainment whereas an aircraft add-on can entertain and teach again and again and again, getting cheaper per hour the more you use it.  So I never complain or quibble about the price of add-ons I buy--if they tempt me, if they woo me, they have one in the pricing battle, lol!

John

On 5/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, John_Cillis said:

I would miss the wonderful aircraft collection payware vendors have provided over the years

....let's not talk about investments over the years.....to much $$ spent but I still enjoy....

Alex 

2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

....let's not talk about investments over the years.....to much $$ spent but I still enjoy....

LOL, I know what you mean, but the miracle is that my investments at least still work in P3D4.X, many were FSX payware titles from Carenado, and the Real Air Dukes of course.  Too bad my Just Flight R44 was not compatible but I have the freeware R44 that was released for Xplane11, which IMHO handles rotorcraft better anyway, fixed wing is a tossup between the two sims, which is why I like both, P3D excels in jets I feel, Xplane11 excels in slower GA aircraft though has some P3D quality jets.  I still sum up this thread by saying P3D is a worthy investment especially with its ongoing development still within the 4.x platform.

John

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, Ron Attwood said:

You've made a very valid point. Now if only I could find it.

Find what?