Sign in to follow this  
cdv0007

P3D turbine prop engine start up logic

In real life, the turboprop starts up and the propeller starts to spin smoothly until the speed is faster.

Before the oil is injected, the propeller will slowly rotate following the starter. However, in the default start up logic of P3D, the starter cannot drive the propeller before the oil is injected. This is very different from real life. But XP and plug-in aircraft (Milviz DHC-3 and Q400) fix this problem.

The Carenado plug-in with P3D default logic and the plug-in that comes with P3D all have this problem, making the turboprop engine very unreal.

Is there any solution and patch to solve the sudden rotation of the propeller?

Edited by cdv0007

This is the reason I use XP for turboprops as they are totally unrealistic in P3D. I've been pointing this out to LM, but unfortunately there seems to be no willingness to fix this as it will break backward compatibility in P3D. There is a "fix" that will improve this somewhat, but not completely. The only choice is to stick with the Majestic Q400 for turboprops in P3D I'm afraid.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

On 5/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, NorwegianAviator said:

This is the reason I use XP for turboprops as they are totally unrealistic in P3D. I've been pointing this out to LM, but unfortunately there seems to be no willingness to fix this as it will break backward compatibility in P3D. There is a "fix" that will improve this somewhat, but not completely. The only choice is to stick with the Majestic Q400 for turboprops in P3D I'm afraid.

where is the  "fix"  ?

thank you

This is amazing, isn't it?

We advance in so many other areas but we can't seem to fix this.

Ciao!

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6317&t=120643

Here you go guys 🙂 There's one post about this here on avsim too, but I couldn't find it. I've contacted LM and posted in their forum about this issue and many others for a long time, but I've given up. This will probably never get fixed (along with the broken ground friction). The only solution that will work is for developers to start making custom flight dynamics, engine simulation and customize everything outside the sim. Unfortunately it seems like only a few developers are capable of doing this, and from what I understand it's a massive job to do. Unfortunate, yes absolutely but it's just the way it is with P3D.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12