Sign in to follow this  
Figadas

Before Landing Checklist Issue

Hello everyone, I

I'm sure it's for a very stupid reason, but sometimes on approaches I can't get the Before Landing Checklist command to activate. I haven't figured out what I do differently that makes it sometimes work and others not.

I ask for flaps 5, when established I call for gear down, wait for the gear to lock and then give the command Flaps 15, before landing checklist. the FO acknowledges the flaps 15 command and activates it but then he says "landing gear",like if he was reminding me that the landing gear is not set yet so he can't do the checklist, even though it's down, locked and 3 greens.

What am I doing wrong? I don't remember ever having to confirm landing gear down or anything before asking for the checklist.

thank you.

regards

Hi there Bryan thanks for replying on the weekend!

Yes, I ask for Gear Down, he executes, goes through his silent B-LNDG checklist, and the Before Landing Checklist becomes he active one in white, but when I ask for Flaps 15 and Before Landing checklist, he executes the flap command but then says Landing Gear. I've tried everything, to restart the checklist, to repeat the gear down order (which he responds to all of the commands) but I cannot get passed through that. I have to always land and manually switch the box to after landing checklist and go from there.

I'm on P3D4 by the way, and I have FS2Crew on a different aircraft so I know you have to be careful with what and how to say. Oh and yes I get the confirmation in the green box that my order was sent properly.

Funny thing is that, like I've mentioned, it worked before, but now it happens on every flight.

Could it be the region I've been flying? I just realized that....Lately I've been flying exclusively in Japan and I'm using a mix of Metric and Imperial for those flights (BARO setting in inHg, and weights in Kg) could that be the issue?

thanks again Bryan.

regards,

Igor

Hi Igor,

Are you saying "Flaps 15 Before Landing Checklist"?

That's the complete single phrase the system is looking for.  Don't pause between "flaps 15" and "landing checklist".  Speak it in one sentence.

Make sure you see it in the Green bar.

Look about 3/4's the way down this page:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=flows4

Hi there Bryan,

Yes, unfortunately, like I've previously mentioned, I get the confirmation in the green box that the command went through correctly, he just sees a problem with the gear, even though It's locked down and I have the 3 greens.

thank you

EDIT: Forgot that I actually recorded my last flight, I can upload on youtube or send it to you just a few seconds of the video where the issue happens. You can see the landing gear is full down and locked, and FS2Crew acknowledges the proper command as shown on the green bar.

Edited by Figadas

Hi Igor,

When the FO says "Landing Gear", that's part of the landing checklist, so he'll always say this.

So you'd speak: "DOWN 3 GREEN".

Then the FO would go to the next checklist items and say: "CONDITION LEVERS", to which you would reply "MAX".

See? I knew it was something stupid that I was missing.

I stopped reading the checklist on approaches because of the workload when using ATC etc so I thought I had it memorized, even this last flight using the checklist I missed the first item, "down 3 green" check at the beginning of the B-LDG checklist.

I'm really sorry for wasting your time, I'm sure it will work fine now.

thank you so much and sorry again for bothering specially on the weekend, with something silly like that.

thank you so much.

my best regards,

Igor