Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

After HotFix P3 does not start

@bjablonka8120 What language has your OS? (Bernd is a common german name so I suspect your OS is in german that's why I ask...)

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

OS is in German, but P3 used to work great before the hotfix.

Best

Bernd

1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

OS is in German,

I also have my OS in german! Now here it comes: with a german OS P3D installs stuff in a hidden folder on your C drive called "ProgramData". In fact, many addons install themselves in "ProgramData" instead of "Programme".

Could it be that there are some remnants from the older P3D instalation in there that are conflicting with your update? I had it!!!

Gerald K. - Germany

You are exactly right Gerald, I have Program data file folder too and there are eg sceneries in it too. What did you do to fix it? I am looking forward to your solution.

Best

Bernd

If you start deleting files in ProgramData without knowing what you are doing - you are asking for trouble.

The use of ProgramData is just another place that programs keep config items, relevant logs, etc. Just as the %appdata% folders or the registry.

It is normal usage, there is nothing wrong with it - I suggest you leave that area alone.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, maybe it is time to wait, for what I have no idea lol.

What does it mean when it says there is currently no NDBs in the dataset? I reinstalled now several times and it says it was successful but I am still getting this error and P3 does not start.

Thx

Bernd

Poppet posted this video on Youtube with a fix for your problem.  Take a look!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks, I deleted the scenery.cfg file and am getting now:could not find scenery area 001's local scenery directory :scenery\world\scenery. Would you like to unload this scenery? Do you have any suggestions, Thanks!!

Does anyone know what that message means, please see previous note. Thanks

@bjablonka8120 Bernd, let's go to the beginning:

You said you updated P3D with the 4.5 Hotfix. How did you do the update (step by step info needed)?

I will ask further Q after your answer.

PS: I suspect you messed up your P3D completely by either wrong updating or the fact that you installed something in the wrong location.

Gerald K. - Germany

12 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

PS: I suspect you messed up your P3D completely by either wrong updating or the fact that you installed something in the wrong location.

Looks like he did as when updating the client it uses automatically the same path then the older version.

I suggest an complete wipe and reinstall of P3D.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I uninstalled the client and then downloaded the full version of P3, incl hotfix and installed it unfortunately on the C drive which is the default location but not the location the previous version was in which was on the D drive. I then uuinstalled the client again and installed the full version this time on the D drive but I guess it was too late. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to delete everything and start over - I have so many addons. Just my stupid mistake.

Thanks

Better you bite the bullet and start from scratch, all you "fix" now will just induce other troubles.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I was afraid you would say this. Is there a clean way to uninstall , with Windows apps utility, any othere files? Can I delete the P3 filefolder ProgramData I have on C? Anything in the registry? Thanks so much for your help.

Bernd