Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

FSX crashing on select aircraft

Hello. I believe my FSX has been compromised. First, I got a security warning when FSX launched. I thought it was nothing and clicked allow. But then I selected the QW757-200 Icelandair and FSX crashed with no explanation. I tried it again, and it crashed again. A quick scan from my anti virus found no threats. Is there any way I can remove this? I believe whatever that security warning was about is causing this. I'm using FSXSE on Windows 10

This topic MAY be moved to the CTD forum, but for now I'll try a few questions.  What, exactly does this security warning say?  Do you get any warning if you choose a default aircraft?  Is the crash a full crash to desktop and no more FSX running?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes its a full CTD. I only got the warning once, and I didnt have any aircraft selected. The warning said something like enable access to remote computer. After I clicked allow, obviously thinking it was nothing, I selected the 757 and it crashed. Then I did it again, and it crashed. Then a third time, and it crashed. And I know its a simulator problem because it was working fine last night

For a quick test try selecting a default aircraft and report back.  If a default aircraft also causes a crash then try verifying your FSX-SE game files.

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Verified the integrity of the files. It does not crash when I select a default aircraft, though it continues to do so with a payware aircraft

Ok, so it crashes when I select solely the QW757. All the other aircraft, including the paywares, work fine. The 757 is activated in the addon manager, so I don't know what else to do. I'll try a reinstall in the morning and get back to you

A simple reinstall fixed the CTD. Now I can select and fly the 757 no problem. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Now I'm furious (not really). I have just concluded that the QW757 doesnt work with the current version of GSX. I uninstall GSX, and the 757 works fine. Any fix to that?

4 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

Now I'm furious (not really). I have just concluded that the QW757 doesnt work with the current version of GSX. I uninstall GSX, and the 757 works fine. Any fix to that?

Perhaps you need to update to the current version of GSX? Updates are free unless you want to buy GSX Level 2.

You might want to ask on the FSDT forum and post the issue there since addon manager is needed for the airplane.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

I have both QW757 and GSX2.  I haven't attempted a load for a year or so until I read your message and found I had a similar issue where FSX would crash if I attempted to load the 757.

I went to the forum and found there was a hotfix available, not related to the problem, but also discovered there was a more recent version of the aircraft than I had running.

I uninstalled the old version, installed the new version and the hotfix, although the hotfix may not have been needed and all is well.

Not saying yours is the same issue, but there was a version released earlier this year.

Ernie

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

Ok that worked but how do I install liveries? I'm using the dispatcher and selecting repaints to install but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even finish the installation before saying its done even though the livery is not there

1 hour ago, lukejw20 said:

Ok that worked but how do I install liveries? I'm using the dispatcher and selecting repaints to install but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't even finish the installation before saying its done even though the livery is not there

Interesting.  All of my default liveries installed without issue.  There is a thread on the QualityWings forum regarding missing repaints, but I don't know if that's the issue you are experiencing.

I had originally bought from JustFlight, so had to transfer the license to Flight1, but I think that was because QW is now using the Flight1 wrappter instead of the FSDT Addon Manager.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I figured it out. The texture files were still in the aircraft folder even after I had uninstalled the Addon manager 757, but they were not in the .CFG file. So I deleted the texture folders and my liveries installed just fine. Thanks!

Thanks for posting the solution. It may help out the next person.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem