Sign in to follow this  
Wolkenschreck

4.5 - Blue textures / shaders problem?

So I tried the last three days to get 4.5 running and right now I am struggling with a texture (shaders?) problem. 

Add-ons used:
Envshade
Envtex
AS4 + ASCA (Envtex Sky textures only)

Under some circumstances, I get the bluish mess you can see on the screenshots. I never saw something similar before and do not know what is happening. They are visible on buildings (default and add-on), simobjects, and the sky.

I tried multiple reinstalls of the sim (full client, content, scenery), deleted the shaders every time, deleted the P3D.cfg every time but I still think that there is some add-on incompatibility. Has anybody experienced something similar with those add-ons or is it sim issue?

tmB4ZKC.jpg
UWYIvGv.jpg
QTn7NwG.jpg

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I dont get this. Did you updated ENVDIR 1.2.0.5 ENVTEX 1.2.3 and ENVSHADE 1.0.8? I have the same setup. ORBX Libs checked/veriefyed? That gave me some groundtiles failures but nothing quite as blue as in your screenshot. Looks like ENVTEX. AS4 build 7070.

Had some issue at first. Try to start in an other airplane without PBR. Just to narrow it down.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Thank you, Rasterfahnder.

Yes, Envtex and Envshade are on the latest version. I even reinstalled the latest installers from Simmarket and reapplied the updates via Envdir. Also, AS4 is running on the latest beta and the ORBX libraries are updated. Only ORBX is installed in the sim, along with Envtex/ENvshade. All other add-ons are installed as add-on package with the xml method. 

What puzzles me most is the way it affects the various objects. Sometimes it is only on building textures, sometimes on the simobjects itself and sometimes I get the blueish haze in the sky. On the first screenshot, I did not notice any error until I switched to the outside view (normally I never leave the VC perspective). Clouds and buildings were fine.

Normally a full reinstall of the sim (with a total wipeout of the ProgramData folder, App Data Local folder, and App Data Roaming folder) does cure such problems. But this time I can not nail it down. But many here use the same add-ons, so it is probably something on my end.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

33 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Thank you, Rasterfahnder.

Yes, Envtex and Envshade are on the latest version. I even reinstalled the latest installers from Simmarket and reapplied the updates via Envdir. Also, AS4 is running on the latest beta and the ORBX libraries are updated. Only ORBX is installed in the sim, along with Envtex/ENvshade. All other add-ons are installed as add-on package with the xml method. 

What puzzles me most is the way it affects the various objects. Sometimes it is only on building textures, sometimes on the simobjects itself and sometimes I get the blueish haze in the sky. On the first screenshot, I did not notice any error until I switched to the outside view (normally I never leave the VC perspective). Clouds and buildings were fine.

Normally a full reinstall of the sim (with a total wipeout of the ProgramData folder, App Data Local folder, and App Data Roaming folder) does cure such problems. But this time I can not nail it down. But many here use the same add-ons, so it is probably something on my end.

Chris,

Contact me via PM.. for a test.

S.

Will do. Thanks, Simbol.

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Did anything ever come of this?  I just ran into the same issue, and cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Any thing you came across would be great to know!

Thanks,

Andy

4 hours ago, logan3db said:

Did anything ever come of this?  I just ran into the same issue, and cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Any thing you came across would be great to know!

Thanks,

Andy

Do a P3D content repair. It is explained above.

Regards,

Simbol

17 hours ago, simbol said:

Do a P3D content repair. It is explained above.

Regards,

Simbol

I have done that.  I have done essentially everything suggested on the interweb I can find.  The only thing that clears it up is a complete reinstall.  I'm now in the process of figuring out which addon causes my issue.  However, once my sky turns blue like in the images above, I cannot recover.  I wasn't sure if you and the OP figured something out outside of this forum. 

Thanks,

Andy

Simbol,

Yes I have deleted my shaders and let p3d rebuild.  I've deleted the shadersHLSL and rebuilt via client re-install.  I've done all the techniques attempted by the OP.  I found a tip to use the delete generated files option which worked, but along came other issues, so I ended up doing a full re-install.  I haven't been able to pin down the culprit yet (I've only had the issue happen twice, both times none of the recommended fixes worked - delete shaders, repair/reinstall client, etc.) 

It seems this issue is very localized to a select few people.  I've seen one person who was able to delete and rebuild shaders to fix and it seemed like the OP of this topic was in my boat of a nothing fixed the problem.  I wasn't sure if your work with them found the problem shader, texture.... who knows.  As of right now I have the sim reinstalled, up and running just fine.  I took my shaders and shaderHLSL folders and made copies from a fresh install, so I am hoping if the problem arises again, I can just copy those back in for a fix, we shall see. 

Thank you Simbol for working with me in an attempt to lock this down, if I have it happen again, I will update and hopefully have a solution *fingers crossed*. 

Andy

Hello Guys,

I have a same problem. All the white houses are blue . I have done everything . Full reinstall, delete shaders etc but no luck.

Attila

Edited by atesz76
want to add pictures

Totally missed that this topic was brought up again.

In my case, I could solve it with the deletion of the Shader folders and a new install of the client. Moreover, I excluded all add-ons that relied on shader tweaks (e.g., Envshade/Tomato/PTA, REX Environment Force, AI Lights Reborn Professional) and slowly reapplied them. 

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you have this problem outside of P3D? Have you tried resetting your CPU back to stock speeds (i.e. no o/c)? Does your monitor have a build-in test picture to see if it might be your monitor? How is your GPU hooked to the monitor (i.e. HDMI, DisplayPort, etc)? Have you tried changing graphics cables? Is your GPU overclocked?

Just some ideas. Best of luck!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Guys,

I have a same problem. All the white houses are blue . I have done everything . Full reinstall, delete shaders etc but no luck.

Attila

1 hour ago, pgde said:

Do you have this problem outside of P3D? Have you tried resetting your CPU back to stock speeds (i.e. no o/c)? Does your monitor have a build-in test picture to see if it might be your monitor? How is your GPU hooked to the monitor (i.e. HDMI, DisplayPort, etc)? Have you tried changing graphics cables? Is your GPU overclocked?

Just some ideas. Best of luck!

P.

Thanks your thoughts . Happening just in the sim. I seen a good idea above. I will unable envidir in the sim scenery and I will see what will happen. mine not blue like the first picture. couple of white houses , button in the cockpit etc. How can I post pictures here?

Edited by atesz76