Sign in to follow this  
Bigmarty

Assigning view to hotkey

In my PMDG 737, I would like to assign the Centre Pedestal view to a hotkey. Is this possible, and if so would someone be kind enough to tell  me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Assuming you've saved a ChasePlane view for your centre pedestal, you need to go to Preferences > Control Assignments, then scroll down to the section called "Named Assignments". Here you can assign keys or controller buttons to specifically named views.

For example, in the 737 I have two named viewed called "Overhead" and "Upper Overhead". By assigning a key (e.g. Numpad 4) which is assigned to the word "Overhead", it will cycle around any ChasePlane views that contain the word "Overhead". This works across all aircraft with views containing the keyword "Overhead".

In you case, you might want to make a named assignment for the word "pedestal" and map it to your key/button of choice.

The only caveat is that you should make sure you assign a key that is NOT used by your simulator, to avoid conflicts. Else you have to delete the command from your simulator's controls menu.

Hope that helps.

Martyn

Well, you posted the question here in the ChasePlane support forum so I had assumed that's what you were asking about 🙂

I don't think you can assign keys to specific views in FSX/P3D easily otherwise, without ChasePlane or another camera add-on utility. ChasePlane is an excellent program for manipulating the camera and setting up custom views. I'd recommend looking at a few YouTube videos to get an idea of it before purchasing.

Otherwise, I think you'd have to define new view points in the aircraft and cycle through them with the 'A' key (default key in FSX; I presume P3D is the same).

Thank you for the info. Sorry for posting in the wrong place - I clearly didn't know where i was. I have been able to assign views in my Majestic Q400 but the same procedure doesn't seem to work in the PMDG 737 NGX.

I will look into Chaseplane.

Thx again.

Martin

Are key assignments working in the latest CP version with P3D 4.5 HF?  I cannot get an views with a key binded to it to open at all.  Never had a problem with this before.  Some will say there is a conflict with the simulator binding and it needs to be deleted, but when it is deleted the view still won't open with the assigned key.

Started working for some unknown reason...maybe if chaseplane app has focus it won't work not sure anyway all good.

Edited by gregda
typo