737Andi

Visible line following plane when panning around

Hello,

I have noticed a very strong visible line following all my planes when panning around in outside view during morning and evening light.
Here is a picture showing the problem. At the left you can see the shadows of the trees abruptly stopping.

line.jpg

I have already tried to solve it by disabling HDR, changing some graphics settings and removing my PTA preset but the problem persists.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this graphic error?

I'm using P3D 4.3

Thanks!

Best regards Andi

Much simpler fix , you probably have ticked in Menu>Navigation>Navigation Visuals  enable ribbon Visuals...

Jorge

15 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Hello,

I have noticed a very strong visible line following all my planes when panning around in outside view during morning and evening light.
Here is a picture showing the problem. At the left you can see the shadows of the trees abruptly stopping.

line.jpg

I have already tried to solve it by disabling HDR, changing some graphics settings and removing my PTA preset but the problem persists.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this graphic error?

I'm using P3D 4.3

Thanks!

Best regards Andi

Your 'shadow draw distance' is not set high enough in 'Options - Lighting', 'Shadows'. Try moving the slider to the right by one notch or maybe two.

However, this will affect your PC's resources as the sim is asking for more shadows to be displayed, so you may have to compromise on what types of shadows are cast.
Or, you could choose lower quality 'OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=' in your Prepar3d.cfg file under [GRAPHICS], using 512, 1024, 2048 or 4096.
I use 2048 with no problems, but this will depend on your computers' capability.

WOW!!! I definitely need new glasses!!! I though this was a red ribbon behind the AC ...

Jorge