Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kevin

How Times Have Changed

Times have certainly changed over the years. I didn't join the forums here until 2009, so I'm assuming most people are not familiar with the original Air Kevin livery when the airline was started on July 30th, 2003. The following screenshot was taken some time in 2004. At the time, I was running FS2002, and the graphics at the time weren't really all that great. I have no idea how, but somehow, somewhere, I recently stumbled across this screenshot once again.
1cc2c3fef2fc43fc7d99080a1731457b.jpg

Fast forward to today, and I'm now running P3D V4 with the latest and greatest....or at least, it was a year ago, anyway. You can see how much better this old livery can look on a much more advanced simulator, even if the livery itself wasn't much.
47b2a1f8e4bd33d2a9f21fb3e01c64ce.jpg

Okay, so maybe I don't actually use that livery anymore and only just recently painted it up just to see how it would look with the latest and greatest. This is the present livery I'm using. With the original design in 2007, there have been three minor changes to this livery to get it to where it is now. This would be the livery that most of you here would have seen.
e918814dde8afe63471f03602cc10146.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Actually, the FS2002 shot doesn't look all that bad. 🙂

John

I think I remember you from flightsim dot com.  I joined there a long time ago and didn't even know avsim existed till about when I joined here (whatever year it says on my profile ha)

I was never very good at repaints but yours looks great!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, John F said:

Actually, the FS2002 shot doesn't look all that bad. 🙂

Eh, tell that to the people who had to look at the screenshots way back then. People were always complaining about the jagged edges, but given the basic nature of the computer I was operating (I certainly wasn't old enough to have my own computer back then), there wasn't really much I could do about it, and that's what most people either failed to realize or chose to ignore. Nowadays, different story. Now that I have a full-time job and have been for the last five years, I'm able to save money to buy whatever equipment I want, which I have done when I bought my new computer last year. The difference is definitely noticeable.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, ryanbatcund said:

I think I remember you from flightsim dot com.  I joined there a long time ago and didn't even know avsim existed till about when I joined here (whatever year it says on my profile ha)

I was never very good at repaints but yours looks great!

Yeah, that was most likely me. I didn't even know when I joined the forums here, either, I had to check to figure that one out. I can't say the original livery was too spectacular, but I definitely like the way the current one turned out. I'm fairly limited myself when it comes to the repaints, so I can't do anything too crazy, either.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.