ctngdes

PMDG 777 gear synoptic display problem

Posted (edited)

Through external view, I see gear are extended. Through EICAS, I see the green box with the word DOWN. My gear lever is down too. However, my gear synoptic display shows 3 gear doors are all closed. How can I fix/debug, or I have wrong concepts about this aircraft? This happen no matter in air, or grounded.

Edited by ctngdes
  • Like 1

The gear doors shouldn't be open once they're fully up or fully down. The doors open when at the start of the gear retraction/extension sequence and then close at the end of it.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:31 AM, ctngdes said:

or I have wrong concepts about this aircraft?

This.

Check the external view next time and have a look at the gear doors. They open to let the gear out, and then close behind them. Certain pieces (mainly, those attached to the gear structure) will be "open," but the main gear doors close back up.

In the future, it's usually best to avoid calling something a 'problem' or 'bug' until you've checked that your understanding is correct.

• Like 1

I'd say you definitely have a bigger problem if the synoptic showed the doors as still open! If they were open when the 777 touched down then those suckers would be ripped off when the mains compressed, not to mention the bloody huge drag- and noise inducing holes that are the main wheel wells being exposed when parked on the ramp. - All kinds of nesting birds or assorted carnivorous animals could try and make a home in there, not to mention the odd wannabee stowaway.:ph34r::tongue:

BTW welcome to AVSIM. (only 3 posts)  At least you questioned your thinking about the T7 concepts rather than totally calling it a bug. Hopefully you'll enjoy flying the big iron - whether it's study level or lite.:cool:

Incidentally the T7 is not alone in having undercarriage doors which only open to allow deployment or stowing.