jay907uk

Running Flight sim programs on P3D pc using separate Hard Drive

Hi All,

Currently I run Active Sky / PFPX / Avivlasoft EFB / Navigraph Charts etc on a separate computer using Simconnect & WideServer.

if I was to install these on my P3D computer but using a separate Hard drive, would I still require Simconnect & WideServer?

Thanks

Jason

SImconnect, yes.  Wideserver, no.

Posted (edited)

Just be aware that a lot of addons by defalt in Prepar3D are installed in the %userprofile%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"  and it doesn't take long to fill this up.

I created a separated folder in my P3D drive with the same name and installed them there instead.

it works for about 99% of addons, but some insist on going to %userprofile%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons which I don't like.

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, w6kd said:

SImconnect, yes.  Wideserver, no.

Hi Bob,

Would the reason I'd require Simconnect still because ASN would be on a separate HD even though it would be on the same PC as P3D is on?

Thanks

Jason

3 hours ago, jay907uk said:

Would the reason I'd require Simconnect still because ASN would be on a separate HD even though it would be on the same PC as P3D is on?

No, Simconnect does the interprocess communication between ActiveSky and P3D regardless of where the program resides.  Same drive, different drive, or different computer, even--simconnect is needed in order for AS (and other external programs) to communicate with P3D. 

• Upvote 1