For those of you following the saga in my previous thread, you already know I'll be assembling my new P3D rig this week which will include a fresh copy of Windows 10. I was doing a little prep, and was trying to figure out what needs to be done on my current rig before the move, backing up files, etc.  I'd like to make sure to keep my P3D key assignments, FSUIPC aircraft profiles, and other little things to make the move as seamless as possible.

With that in mind, does anyone have a checklist of items and or files to grab and back up? 

Many of us have years tied into getting P3D and associated add-on's running the way we like.  What do you guys do when moving everything over to a new system?  I've got a bunch of work to do...

It'll go a little easier and without delay if you canvas your add-ons ahead of time and identify which need to be uninstalled so that the license is released for installation to the new system.  That includes (but is not limited to):

- P3D itself (needs to be uninstalled and select yes when prompted to release the license)

- PMDG aircraft add-ons for P3D (deactivate in the PMDG options in the FMS)

- FSDT Sceneries and add-ons (deactivate on the Addon Manager dropdown menu)

- FFTF Dynamic and probably any other FSPS titles

Regards

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sound advice as always Bob, I had all those on the list already.  I'm currently working my way through my file structure and backing items up to an external HD to be moved to the new system.

I haven't even gotten to the P3D drive yet, but will likely tackle it tomorrow.  Any idea which P3D file contains our keyboard assignments? I'd rather not go through figuring those out again.  I know the FSUIPC ini file contains the aircraft profiles for my custom button assignments.  Hopeful I can back up both and do some cut and paste of the relevant sections to speed up configuration on the new system. Will likely attempt similar for PMDG and FSLabs too.

Edited by Jason_Peters

16 minutes ago, Jason_Peters said:

Any idea which P3D file contains our keyboard assignments?

I believe it is the 2 files located in "C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls"

- Standard.xml

- Standard.xmlx

• Like 1