Billkhaled

P3D v4 black screen and menu bar after loading up

P3D has been very slow lately despite updating drivers and other such things the simulator now hangs for a long time on a black screen with the sound of the aircraft. 

Pretty standard behavior when you have any shaders involved. Do you?

9 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Pretty standard behavior when you have any shaders involved. Do you?

I do yes, but the hang is very long and with the aerosoft a320 it just crashes. 

13 minutes ago, Billkhaled said:

I do yes, but the hang is very long and with the aerosoft a320 it just crashes. 

How long is long and what are the details of the crash? Event Viewer will tell you. Make sure you look at the first error if there is more than one. It’s the first that is responsible.

When reporting problems it helps to give as much info as possible. System details, crash info and the version of P3D is absolute minimum.

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

How long is long and what are the details of the crash? Event Viewer will tell you. Make sure you look at the first error if there is more than one. It’s the first that is responsible.

When reporting problems it helps to give as much info as possible. System details, crash info and the version of P3D is absolute minimum.

Normally it hangs for around 5 minutes and then loads in each stage every 2 or 3 minutes. For example, the scenario loads in, the screen is black and it lasts for around 5 minutes then the cockpit comes in and after 2 minutes the panel states load in, after around 5 minutes again I am able to actually click and move around, even that is slow and laggy.

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My Specs:

Intel i3 3.3GHz

NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB GDDR4

4GB RAM DDR4

Windows 10

There are two error logs:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          29/05/2019 15:55:19
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-4VJSSLL
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x08a3d2a4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388
Faulting process id: 0x1f60
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5162c42a113c0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 70a91148-1e17-4531-b1fe-5f447b8fdad5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-29T14:55:19.996565200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>82347</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-4VJSSLL</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.4.16.27077</Data>
    <Data>5bfdbb35</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.17134.799</Data>
    <Data>08a3d2a4</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>000000000003a388</Data>
    <Data>1f60</Data>
    <Data>01d5162c42a113c0</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>70a91148-1e17-4531-b1fe-5f447b8fdad5</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

and

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          29/05/2019 15:55:04
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-4VJSSLL
Description:
Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1<ChannelSet>)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-29T14:55:04.360926600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>82346</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-4VJSSLL</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1&lt;ChannelSet&gt;)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

@Billkhaled, I’m not surprised with an i3 and a graphics card with 2Gb. That’s below min spec and the A320 will have a serious impact. I’m surprised you can even fly with that hardware. Try a default aircraft and see if it improves. You really need to consider a faster system.

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Billkhaled, I’m not surprised with an i3 and a graphics card with 2Gb. That’s below min spec and the A320 will have a serious impact. I’m surprised you can even fly with that hardware. Try a default aircraft and see if it improves. You really need to consider a faster system.

It doesn’t witha default aircraft, and the reason I’m so surprised is I could run the airbus with the same addons with little problems on FSX which was 32 bit and required even higher specs.

Posted (edited)

That’s the Aerosoft Airbus I guess, not the FSL one? There are far more textures on addon aircraft than default ones. P3D will give better results than FSX but your system does need upgrading if you want to avoid problems of the type you’re experiencing.

I see you’re running 4.0. You should consider updating to 4.5.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

48 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s the Aerosoft Airbus I guess, not the FSL one? There are far more textures on addon aircraft than default ones. P3D will give better results than FSX but your system does need upgrading if you want to avoid problems of the type you’re experiencing.

Yep, thanks for your help!

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The issue has seemed to have fixed itself after an update to v4.5. Thanks for help! So glad it’s all over! 

Edited by Billkhaled
  • Like 1