Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

SODE on another drive

Posted (edited)

Had this problem last night. I installed SODE on a different drive to keep all my addons together. Then i installed ESSA orbx and it said that SODE was not installed. Result was there were no jetways.

The reason i wanted SODE on another drive is because there a couple of airports that install directly into SODE for instance EDDN by 29Palms. And it just eats away at my C Drive where SODE wants to go. Iknow you can place it on another drive but addons dont seem to recognise that it is installed else where.

Regards

Edited by Riah069

Posted (edited)

SODE needs to be installed in two locations on the system drive.  One part goes in the Program Files (x86) area and the other in the Programdata area.  I have dozens of SODE simobjects and locations installed and that only takes 3 GB to date.

If you are that squeezed for space on your system drive there are other things you can do to save much more space.  For example, move all your flight simulator downloaded installers from the user downloads folders to a different drive.  This alone saved me over 200 GB on my system drive.

If you really want to move the SODE folders in program data then I guess you could use a symbolic link.  I am using a directory link for my P3D\Orbx making it to appear that it is in the simulator root folder where it has to be but in reality it is on a different drive.  That's also a bunch of space saved.

Edited by downscc