Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Photo scenery for Canada?

Is there any good photo scenery of Canada? I have the US and Europe covered but have never seen anything beyond small sections of Canada, usually for some kind of airport or city scenery. 

Looking for the whole country or as much as possible, especially the areas on the US border to avoid that jarring transition.  

In my years of simming I have not seen anything available in large geographic areas like the USA and Europe.  I figure if there was it would have been out by now.

A quick look at a Canada website it appears it is not free to the public which may then be cost prohibitive to produce for flight simulation. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have created the Maritimes and Southern Ontario using FSEarthTiles for myself. The detail available is fairly good. The problem is I don't know if I'm allowed to upload it and if I can it's over 150gb.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

OrbX talked about that small sliver of Canda they needed for their upcoming TrueEarth Washington was very, very expensive. So I assume it's prohibitively expensive for any service to get decent, consistent data.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I am not sure if what I'm going to write is new to you or not, but if there is no viable photoreal scenery for Canada, the next best option is to use ORBX LC NA, which improves the landclass for Canada and North America. It is not "photoreal", but definitely better than the default scenery.