Sign in to follow this  
LeonardvanderWalt

Airfoillabs King Air & GTN 750, is this normal?

Morning,

I had the dual GTN 750 set up originally and decided to try a single set up with the radio and nav stack from Airfoillabs for their King Air, but then i get a GTN750 where i am unable to change nav and comms frequencies on the GTN unit. I have to change the frequencies on the Collins nav and comms stack. My GPS at the bottom of the GTN is also unable to change to VLOC on finals, even if i try change it manually. Is this normal or are there setting on the GTN i need to change. I have gone into the menu on the unit but i am not seeing any settings related to my issue.

48035048412_580da9a5ee_b.jpg

I would just try the other single GTN mod:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/

So what I would do is reinstall the original aircraft, then add the mod.  I've used both the single and dual mods and they work great!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I would just try the other single GTN mod:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/

So what I would do is reinstall the original aircraft, then add the mod.  I've used both the single and dual mods and they work great!

Thanks for the response. That is the GTN mod i am using. reinstalled aircraft and mod, aircraft up to date, GTN up to date, same issue.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:37 AM, LeonardvanderWalt said:

i am unable to change nav and comms frequencies on the GTN unit.

Hi, this is normal because you are using a GTN 725 which is a radio-less device. This device is documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual. 

On 6/10/2019 at 2:37 AM, LeonardvanderWalt said:

is also unable to change to VLOC on finals, even if i try change it manually.

Do you mean: "when I change the GTN CDI mode from GPS to VLOC, it doesn't change anything on the HSI"?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

That's normal. You can't have multiple COM1 and COM2 so if you already have the collins avionics you can't have another COM1/COM2/NAV1/NAV2 on the GTN

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi, this is normal because you are using a GTN 725 which is a radio-less device. This device is documented in the RXP GTN User's Manual. 

Do you mean: "when I change the GTN CDI mode from GPS to VLOC, it doesn't change anything on the HSI"?

52 minutes ago, Real2Sim said:

That's normal. You can't have multiple COM1 and COM2 so if you already have the collins avionics you can't have another COM1/COM2/NAV1/NAV2 on the GTN

Thank you, appreciate the responses.