Jump to content

Jonathan725

Default Aircraft Setup: MaddogX

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

This has been covered in other threads but I'm struggling to make it function correctly.  The MaddogX team has recommended me to save the Cub with engines off as my default aircraft in order to prevent 'issues' from occurring.  I opened a ticket with them recently concerning an engine panel glitch which was causing engine readings to oscillate up and down like a slot machine until eventually the readings disappear and then a sim restart is required.  It seems that switching the 'Engine synch' to N1 or N2 would trigger the event.  I'm confident their advice is correct but here is my question:

I started a flight with the cub, shut the engines off, and made sure the radio was off and then saved the flight as my default flight.  After this I exited the sim and restarted P3D.  Upon loading I saw the cub was the aircraft circling in the startup screen instead of the F-22 (ok good).  Without leaving the sattup screen I then switched to the Maddog, changed the weather, airport, etc, and then I started the flight.  What I've noticed is that after exiting a flight with the maddog regardless of the default aircraft and state, whenever I reload a new scenario after exiting P3D the Maddog starts back up in the configuration it was in the last time P3D was running.  So in this case my default aircraft is the cub 'cold and dark' but the Maddog seems to be unaffected by that.  I've even loaded the cub, started the sim, and then switched to the Maddog afterwards to see if that would help and it hasn't.   I hope that makes sense.  What's interesting is that sometimes I can fly 5 legs using the same aircraft without exiting the sim without any trouble.  Other times it's roll of the dice.  I don't want to bother the MaddogX devs with something like this any further as I'm sure they're fairly busy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to setup P3D to make the Maddog run as it should? 

I'm running P3D 4.4.  I've installed it correctly in the proper folder and path.  The model is up to date.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Jonathan725 said:

Hey everyone,

This has been covered in other threads but I'm struggling to make it function correctly.  The MaddogX team has recommended me to save the Cub with engines off as my default aircraft in order to prevent 'issues' from occurring.  I opened a ticket with them recently concerning an engine panel glitch which was causing engine readings to oscillate up and down like a slot machine until eventually the readings disappear and then a sim restart is required.  It seems that switching the 'Engine synch' to N1 or N2 would trigger the event.  I'm confident their advice is correct but here is my question:

I started a flight with the cub, shut the engines off, and made sure the radio was off and then saved the flight as my default flight.  After this I exited the sim and restarted P3D.  Upon loading I saw the cub was the aircraft circling in the startup screen instead of the F-22 (ok good).  Without leaving the sattup screen I then switched to the Maddog, changed the weather, airport, etc, and then I started the flight.  What I've noticed is that after exiting a flight with the maddog regardless of the default aircraft and state, whenever I reload a new scenario after exiting P3D the Maddog starts back up in the configuration it was in the last time P3D was running.  So in this case my default aircraft is the cub 'cold and dark' but the Maddog seems to be unaffected by that.  I've even loaded the cub, started the sim, and then switched to the Maddog afterwards to see if that would help and it hasn't.   I hope that makes sense.  What's interesting is that sometimes I can fly 5 legs using the same aircraft without exiting the sim without any trouble.  Other times it's roll of the dice.  I don't want to bother the MaddogX devs with something like this any further as I'm sure they're fairly busy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to setup P3D to make the Maddog run as it should? 

I'm running P3D 4.4.  I've installed it correctly in the proper folder and path.  The model is up to date.

Thanks,

Jonathan 

I believe you may have misunderstood or misquoted the advice you were provided.  The MaddogX guys usually recommend that you Launch into a default aircraft, not just load it on the Startup screen.

To resolve your current issue, I would manually delete your Previous Flight files from the Prepar3D v4 Files folder and give it another try.

Best wishes!


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe you may have misunderstood or misquoted the advice you were provided.  The MaddogX guys usually recommend that you Launch into a default aircraft, not just load it on the Startup screen.

To resolve your current issue, I would manually delete your Previous Flight files from the Prepar3D v4 Files folder and give it another try.

Best wishes!

I will test this later and see how it goes.  I went back to their initial response to my ticket and Stefano advised to load the MD from the startup screen.  I guess that's where maybe some miscommunication happened...

Thank you for the reply Dave I appreciate the help.

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on the team, and I'm not aware that we'd changed our sdvice, though I've been recently very busy elsewhere. I'll double check with him to be sure. Csn you post a link to a MaddogX fourm post regarding this?

Many thanks!

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm on the team, and I'm not aware that we'd changed our sdvice, though I've been recently very busy elsewhere. I'll double check with him to be sure. Csn you post a link to a MaddogX fourm post regarding this?

Many thanks!

 

 I just have the ticket with them I haven't posted on their forum.  Is that what you're referring to? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jonathan725 said:

 whenever I reload a new scenario after exiting P3D the Maddog starts back up in the configuration it was in the last time P3D was running. 

if you have 'turn around mode' selected, whenever you get back on the maddog it will load with last state of the maddog.


i7-6700k @4.5GHz 16G XMP-3200 | GTX1080ti | 1TSDD | Win10 | TIR | TMCougar | CHyoke/TQ/peds | 55" 4k UHDTV | OR cv1 | P3Dv4

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe you may have misunderstood or misquoted the advice you were provided.  The MaddogX guys usually recommend that you Launch into a default aircraft, not just load it on the Startup screen.

To resolve your current issue, I would manually delete your Previous Flight files from the Prepar3D v4 Files folder and give it another try.

Best wishes!

I deleted the flight files from the P3D folder and then logged back into P3D. I saved the cub with engines off as my default aircraft and then restarted the sim.  I loaded into the sim with  the cub and then switched to the MD80.  After landing and shutdown the #1 engine panel glitched out again.  Once this 'event' happens I have no choice but to close P3D.  Trying to switch aircraft in the sim cause a CTD.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

if you have 'turn around mode' selected, whenever you get back on the maddog it will load with last state of the maddog.

Thanks for this, I had turnaround mode selected.  This solved the cold and dark issue I was having.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jonathan725 said:

Thanks for this, I had turnaround mode selected.  This solved the cold and dark issue I was having.

Thanks,

Jonathan

My apologies, I thought for sure Stefano would have mentioned that to you and he's done so every time in the past!  It's fairly standard advice for this issue, and I apologize for assuming it was already shared with you! Lesson learned!

Best wishes!

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2019 at 5:34 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

My apologies, I thought for sure Stefano would have mentioned that to you and he's done so every time in the past!  It's fairly standard advice for this issue, and I apologize for assuming it was already shared with you! Lesson learned!

Best wishes!

 

No worries.  I am still noticing the engine panel bug whenever I shutdown the aircraft.  I deleted the V4 Saved flight files as suggested.  One thing I haven't done is a fresh installation since they moved the Maddog from open beta.  I have the Cub saved as the default aircraft with the engine off.  I haven't seen reports in forums of other MaddogX owners having an engine panel gauge issue. 

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jonathan725 said:

No worries.  I am still noticing the engine panel bug whenever I shutdown the aircraft.  I deleted the V4 Saved flight files as suggested.  One thing I haven't done is a fresh installation since they moved the Maddog from open beta.  I have the Cub saved as the default aircraft with the engine off.  I haven't seen reports in forums of other MaddogX owners having an engine panel gauge issue. 

Jonathan

Can you please post about that in the MaddogX forums?  That will enable everyone to check and see, but I suspect some third party shader, TrueLight, or a graphics settings may be interfering.  Best to get the teams opinion on it though.

Best wishes my friend!


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you please post about that in the MaddogX forums?  That will enable everyone to check and see, but I suspect some third party shader, TrueLight, or a graphics settings may be interfering.  Best to get the teams opinion on it though.

Best wishes my friend!

I believe all the advice given to me earlier has eradicated the issue.   I've flown 5 legs without a replication of the systems issues I was having.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Jonathan725 said:

I believe all the advice given to me earlier has eradicated the issue.   I've flown 5 legs without a replication of the systems issues I was having.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jonathan

That is wonderful!

Best wished for happy flights!


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...