Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've found difficulties in trying to simulate a windshear using ASXP, actually I'm unable to simulate it. It is as if AS refuse to do that: on the map I can see the windshear, while I approach it, it changes width, ending in reversing his direction. I can only feel a light turbolence while I'm in the core of it; Also there isn't an indication of windshear in the cockpit, no aural warning, no windshear alert displayed.
NOTE: I'm using the zibo mod, but I think this issue is present in all the aircrafts.

Any solution ? May you try to see what happens if you generate one through the debug panel?

Andrea Casolari

Edited by Andrea Casolari

There are smoothing options in ASXP to overcome the overdone wind effects on this sim.

Make sure these aren't active.

• Like 1

Heartedly playing War Thunder ( in simulator mode only, of course... )

Best experience in a flight simulation game soince MS FLIGHT in 2012 !!!

I think you will find it's up to the add-on makers to implement some kind of wind shear analysis and warning system. I have had wind shear warnings with X-Plane weather using the IXEG 737-300 Classic.

But, Andrea, in your video above there's windshear for sure.

You start with a headwind, 8 knot, and end up with a starboard with of 40 knot ! 

Windshear doesn't have to be a full ( 360º ) wind rotation. Actually I think AS does it rather convincingly according to RL, and adds various variability factors that, under some occasions, can actually give you that 360º shear.

Heartedly playing War Thunder ( in simulator mode only, of course... )

Best experience in a flight simulation game soince MS FLIGHT in 2012 !!!

Posted (edited)

Yeah but there is something not working, as there isn't any aural alert and down draft. Also trying the micro burst...

Also if you pay attention the windshear is opposite to the aircraft direction, if I change direction it does too.

Andrea Casolari

Edited by Andrea Casolari