Sign in to follow this  
Andrea Casolari

Simulation of windshear

Hi,

I've found difficulties in trying to simulate a windshear using ASXP, actually I'm unable to simulate it. It is as if AS refuse to do that: on the map I can see the windshear, while I approach it, it changes width, ending in reversing his direction. I can only feel a light turbolence while I'm in the core of it; Also there isn't an indication of windshear in the cockpit, no aural warning, no windshear alert displayed.
NOTE: I'm using the zibo mod, but I think this issue is present in all the aircrafts.

Any solution ? May you try to see what happens if you generate one through the debug panel?

Andrea Casolari

Edited by Andrea Casolari

There are smoothing options in ASXP to overcome the overdone wind effects on this sim.

Make sure these aren't active.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think you will find it's up to the add-on makers to implement some kind of wind shear analysis and warning system. I have had wind shear warnings with X-Plane weather using the IXEG 737-300 Classic.

But, Andrea, in your video above there's windshear for sure.

You start with a headwind, 8 knot, and end up with a starboard with of 40 knot ! 

Windshear doesn't have to be a full ( 360º ) wind rotation. Actually I think AS does it rather convincingly according to RL, and adds various variability factors that, under some occasions, can actually give you that 360º shear.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeah but there is something not working, as there isn't any aural alert and down draft. Also trying the micro burst...

Also if you pay attention the windshear is opposite to the aircraft direction, if I change direction it does too.

Andrea Casolari

Edited by Andrea Casolari