prdant

File Structure P2A-X-ATC-Chatter

I have purchased and downloaded chatter. I understand how to install the controller files into P2A from watching the tutorials. I routinely switch from US flying to other countries and it looks I can install all of the folders into P2A but I am not sure of the the file structure there. In the manual regions are defined for the US as K1, K2 etc but looking inside of the chatter folders I only see US titles. How do you separate these into the “K” regions or is that necessary? Same pertains to the other regions, Europe, Africa etc.

From the manual and tutorial I believe that I need the following:

P2A..Sounds..ATC-Chatter..US and then copy the files from the Controller directory into the US folder and the same for the remaining Region folders.

Doing this will then pickup the correct chatter no matter where I am flying?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

P2A does not yet support selecting the regional X-Chatter files based on X-ATC defined regions.  That is slated for a future version.

However, you can set your file structure up as follows and use the Controllers Chatter mode:

<P2A Install Folder>\Sounds\<Region>\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\<Controller Folders> 

Then your Europe region folder might look like:

• <P2A Install Folder>
    •      Sounds
      • Europe
        • ATC_Chatter
          • Controllers
            • Clr
            • Ctr
            • Dest_Gnd
            • etc

Then, when flying in Europe, just set the Root Chatter Folder to <P2A Install Folder>\Sounds\Europe and it should work.

Dave

Outstanding! That is what I was looking for. 

Thanks

Hi Dave, set this up as directed and choose the United States folder. I used this because it was working before. I used the “Country Folders” radio button and also tried “Controllers Folders” neither worked. Let me know if I may have missed something. 

BTW P2A sees my location and did play the atis upon connecting.

Thanks

This should work when you select the Controllers Folders mode and also select the United States Folder for the Root Folder and check the Play Chatter option.

If that doesn't work, email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) a screenshot of your United States folder contents in Windows Explorer and I'll check it out.

Dave