Sign in to follow this  
Paracetamol

Wx briefing reports visibility 0, temp 0, dewpoint 0, QNH 0000

Posted (edited)

Using P3D V4.5, windows 7 64bit.

This has only started recently, no changes to system ornew addons/tools installed. Wx brf voice message reports visibility zero, temperature zero, dewpoint zero, QNH 0000. Default P3D ATIS information reports sensible values (ISA conditions for the default flight). This is independent of the aircraft selected or particular airport. Choosing a weather theme or external weather from Active Sky does not affect this behaviour. This does not happen though to FSX-SE which I have installed in the same system.

I have reinstalled radar contact, FSUIPC, Active Sky and Simconnect, now running out of ideas. I wonder if anyone has experienced this or has any tips for me to try...

Thanks

Salvador

Kingston Upon Thames - UK

Edited by Paracetamol

Hmmmm...sounds suspiciously like the problems we used to have with a corrupted wxstationlist.bin file in FSX.  You might try finding it, renaming it and then start P3D to rebuild it, assuming it also exists in P3D.

Regards

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Thanks for your suggestion Bob, haven't tried this but the intriguing thing is that this only affects RC's wx briefing but not the actual sim weather...

Anyway I have managed to fix this by removing fsuipc.ini and letting FSUIPC rebuild a new one. I would like to try and isolate the actual line/command that causes this but not sure I'll have the patience!

Thank you

Salvador

Kingston Upon Thames - UK

Posted (edited)

Check the weather options via FSUIPC's main menu to see what is set. I haven't used FS in quite a while. I last used hi-fi sims ASE for FS9 and all was OK. I used the paid version of FSUIPC but it should spot the installation of ASE and enable the weather options even in the non-paid version.

For your startup default flight choose the fair weather theme to give it something to chew on. Also refresh the AI to insure the weather is initially running after a flight is loaded.

Edited by ronzie
added other item

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team