Sign in to follow this  
justadude

ILS does not work

Posted (edited)

Hello,

so the ILS in the PMDG 777 does not work most of the time.

I select the ILS runway and approach in the FMC and the freq is on the NAV/RAD page, but neither LOC or APP can not be activated. This behavior seems almost as arbitrary as the ILS freq actually being on the runway in the P3D sim.

I noticed that the ILS freq for the rwy in question was different on the map from the one in the plane. Can this be because I have not updated my Airac cycle in P3D, but for my addons?

I used this site to update P3D: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I hope this will help. I did not know that ILS freq where subject to change.

Jacky Tooma

Edited by justadude

Hello Jacky,

Updating your P3D data with the aero.sors data will not change the Airport AFCAD information (ILS frequencies), so, I doubt that is your issue.

My first instinct; I suspect that you may not be capturing the localizer/glidescope capture effectively. Have you tried the tutorial flight? (see pp 92-96 of the tutorial flight documentation)

I may be misinterpreting your comment about not being able to activate neither the LOC or APP...perhaps you could clarify? 

Could you perhaps provide an airport landing that is causing you an issue (runway and ILS)?

Rob

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, justadude said:

Can this be because I have not updated my Airac cycle in P3D, but for my addons?

Simple answer? Yep.

If the plane is looking for X because your AIRAC data is old, but the sim has Y because that data is new, there will naturally be mis-matches, and a lack of reception.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Posted (edited)

Hi,

thanks for the replies.

the airport in question is UAAA Almaty

I see now that P3D only has RWY 05R and no 05L, where I was trying to land. Both runways are listed in simbrief and navicharts.

So that explains it. BTW the update did not add the rwy, but I now align properly with the localizer.

Edited by justadude