Sign in to follow this  
pvupilot

Sounds triggered by event?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this post but I'm curious if there is a way to add sounds in P3Dv4 when an event is triggered like the main cabin doors are closed? I know GSX does sounds when you board, but I'm looking for a way to go even further and add custom sounds for not only boarding, but doors closed, taxiing (welcome aboard), etc. 

Kyle

pmdg_trijet.jpg

FSUIPC lets you monitor events and plays .wav files using LUA.

You would need to look through the FSUIPC documentation to see what events are available.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

12 hours ago, ccb777 said:

FSUIPC lets you monitor events and plays .wav files using LUA.

You would need to look through the FSUIPC documentation to see what events are available.

pvupilot would be better off monitoring the Offset showing the door states. The sim only supports 4 doors (or 4 groups of doors) and there's an offset with a single bit for each of the 4 indicating open or closed.

The event is "TOGGLE AIRCRAFT EXIT" (number 66389), but as it is a toggle and you can't easily tell which door group it references (could be by parameter or by subsequent "SELECT" events), it isn't so useful to monitor that.

If the OP wants more help, it would be best he asks in the FSUIPC Support Forum.

Pete