Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

New to X-Plane ....questions

Hello,

I picked up Xplane 11 along with ORBX TE Washington, Active Sky XP and the SF 260.  So far it has been an enjoyable experience.  I am using it with a Vive Pro and using the mouse and joystick controls to interact with the plane.  I do have a question or two that maybe someone could help me with.

1) The VR view has this "tablet" connected to the yoke that you can move around with the mouse.  Aside from moving it around no other mouse interactions seem to have any impact on the tablet.  It just turns green or the home button turns green but clicking on it doesn't seem to to anything.  Am I missing something on how to operate this?   Is there a way to get rid of it all together if I choose to do so?

2) Overall everything outside the airplane looks relatively dark.  This is the case even when not using active sky and setting clear skies and high noon.  Is this how it typically is?  

3) This question has to do with the SF 260 (JRollon).  There appears to be some parts of the cockpit where the click spot gets moved closer to my face from the avionics panel like there is a transparent glass sheet a few inches from my face in some of the click spots.  

Any insight on any of these questions would be appreciated.  Overall it has been nice.  The SF-260 is very nice, ORBX has done a nice job with Washington, the flight model is very fluid.

Thanks,

Brett 

Hello Brett, For question 2, try changing your monitor brightness or profile. X-Plane 11 does seem darker than the previous version X-Plane 10 which had a brightness setting in-sim.

Maybe the solutions here will help https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122225-very-dark-cockpits/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Guys, Just to clarify the lighting in the cockpit is good......just the ground (ORBX TE Wash) looks very dark

Dark or high contrast?  A lot of scenery people over do their photoreal textures I've noticed.  It could be that you're seeing.  Otherwise if not, try that mod I linked.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

..as per my experience, LR still didn't fix the bugged Tablet 

10 hours ago, N1125Y said:

..as per my experience, LR still didn't fix the bugged Tablet 

Thanks N1125Y.  That is good to know.  I tried it last night with the vive controllers and was able to get it to work but I really don't want to be using these.  Hopefully they get it worked out as it seems like it is a decent idea in concept

18 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Dark or high contrast?  A lot of scenery people over do their photoreal textures I've noticed.  It could be that you're seeing.  Otherwise if not, try that mod I linked.

It is kind of hard to say.   Thanks for the link I may give it a try